BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X3 Olp???

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Rob V 
#1 · (Edited)
X3 Olp?

I currently have a 2005 X3 that I have 3 months left on. Despite the fact that I've asked my sales-rep when I initially signed for this X3 AND here in recentl weeks, he NEVER told about the Owner Loyalty Program. I specifically asked if any such program existed for BMW and he told me no. Out of curiocity I decided to check with the the Denver dealership as opposed to the one here in Colorado Springs and the first thing he mentioned was the OLP! That's all well and good but the lease rates he quoted me were still high $500's and my current X3 payment is $449. I'm not paying an additional $120/mo for essentially the same vehicle. What kind of payment can I expect sing the OLP on a current X3? Nothing special, pretty much base model with heated and power seats being the only options I would like. 36mo / 12k yr.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently had an offer from Audi that is almost too good to pass up and I'm hoping BMW can step up to the plate considering that I'm a "Loyal customer." :D

#2 ·
rates are crazy for X3 move up to X5 3.0 for about 620$.

I currently have a 2005 X3 that I have 3 months left on. Despite the fact that I've asked my sales-rep when I initially signed for this X3 AND here in recentl weeks, he NEVER told about the Owner Loyalty Program. I specifically asked if any such program existed for BMW and he told me no. Out of curiocity I decided to check with the the Denver dealership as opposed to the one here in Colorado Springs and the first thing he mentioned was the OLP! That's all well and good but the lease rates he quoted me were still high $500's and my current X3 payment is $449. I'm not paying an additional $120/mo for essentially the same vehicle. What kind of payment can I expect sing the OLP on a current X3? Nothing special, pretty much base model with heated and power seats being the only options I would like. 36mo / 12k yr.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently had an offer from Audi that is almost too good to pass up and I'm hoping BMW can step up to the plate considering that I'm a "Loyal customer." :D

#3 · (Edited)
Rob,

If you want an exact quote from a dealer/forum sponsor you will have to send them private message or an email asking for a quote. (forum rules)

I'm not a dealer but I can give you an approximate guesstimate of what is possible here in the Atlanta market.

2008 X3 with Heated Front seats as the only option. Power seats are standard. Car will be red, white or jet black. Metallic paint is extra.

US POE MSRP: $39,275.00

US POE Invoice: $36,670 (Includes MACO and Training Fee)
Munich Pick-up Invoice: $33,745.00

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4WD SUV
24 Month ***8211; Residual 74% of MSRP ***8211; .00255 Base Rate
36 Month ***8211; Residual 64% of MSRP ***8211; .00255 Base Rate

Assume you can get either US or European delivery for $1,200 over invoice. That is doable, but maybe not in COS

US POE Cap Cost: $37,870
ED Cap Cost: $34,845

Assume OLP discount is still 0.00065. This is a big assumption and I don't know if it is correct.

Assume you can get base MF + .0002 dealer mark up.
Assume you can get base Lease Acquisition fee + $100 = $725.00

Zero cap reduction
Zero security deposits. BMW FS waives security deposit for returning customer.
Roll the LAF fee into the lease or take the LAF waiver, whichever is lower payment.

For a 24 month / 12,000 mile a lease I get

US POE:

$495/month + Tax if you use the LAF waiver. $503+tax if you roll the LAF in

Munich pick up:

$386/month + Tax if you use the LAF waiver. $395+tax if you roll the LAF into the lease.

36/month 12,000 mile lease:

US POE:
$483/month+TAX if you roll the LAF into the lease. Waiver adds about a dollar

Munich pick up:

$414/month+TAX with the LAF done either way.

There are a lot of assumptions here, but you should be able to get into this range with a forum sponsor. You actual payments are going to be higher since I didn't include tax.

#4 · (Edited)
andrew debbie hooked you up

those MFs are crazy high, don't lease that vehicle, it is a bad deal.

Not sure why the rates for that vehicle are so lousy right now, although it has a new motor that car is relatively old now.

We leased our 2006 X3 (pretty much loaded, with navigation etc.) 7 MSDs, first months payment, acq fee etc. 15,000 miles per year and our payment is 378 per month including 6 percent tax. the MF was about 1/2 what you are contemplating paying.

Do ED if you can, we did ED thru Adrian (a board sponsor) for about 1k over invoice...

But I would NEVER pay that MF, its outrageously high in my opinion, and the X3 is not really hot like a 335 coupe, 1 series etc.

Andrew Debbie, has it been your recent experience that the MF is marked up by .0002?

I think I paid a base rate, I'm pretty sure...

I thought it was still pretty easy to get a base rate, true or not?

#6 ·
Not sure why the rates for that vehicle are so lousy right now, although it has a new motor that car is relatively old now.
Over the last year, X3s have been selling well. They've easly out sold the 3 series wagons. Possibly because of the incentives on the lease. Possibly because the face lift and extra power made it more attractive.

Why did BMW reduce the incentive? Maybe the exchange rate is finally catching up with costs. Make more money on the units the do sell here. Sell the rest outside of the US??

:dunno:

If we bought our X3 today our payments would about 10% higher. That is a big price increase.

#5 ·
For my sample calculation I picked number that should be fairly easy to get from a high volume, low mark up dealer. I have no idea if they are doable in Colorado Springs or even from one of the Denver area dealers.

I didn't want to be too aggressive on the assumptions and give unrealistic payments. There is perhaps room to shave a little more off.

Many dealers won't budge off of the full finance mark-ups. We paid .0002 over the base rate but did a little better on the markup over invoice.

If you use the LAF waiver on a 2 year lease, it doesn't matter how much the dealer wants to mark up the fee. I doubt the Denver dealer even looked at using the waiver. That alone would take about $10/month off the payments with no negoiation required.

#7 · (Edited)
Damn ya'll are scaring me here. :eek: The sales rep seems to be able to get me a decent deal paying about $10 more a month than I'm paying now and there's likely still room to bargain since I haven't brough up that waiver mentioned earlier (I have to read up on that more). Am I missing something here? If I can get payments in the same range as I'm paying now wouldn't that mean a pretty good deal considering the improvements in the 2008 vs the 2005?

Andrew*Debbie,
How do I get a hold of a forum sponsor and how can they help in generating a quote? Are you saying I can get a quote here that I can purchase from or simply use a reference? I REALLY appreciate all the help you've given so far. As someone stated, you really did "hook me up" with all that information. Unfortunately, even with that information slapping me in the face I don't quite understand what it all means. I know...I'm a moron!

#8 · (Edited)
Andrew*Debbie,
How do I get a hold of a forum sponsor and how can they help in generating a quote? Are you saying I can get a quote here that I can purchase from or simply use a reference?
List of forum sponsors:

http://directory.bimmerfest.com/siteSponsor.php?&action=listsitesponsorindex

Pick any or all of the BMW dealers. None of them are in Colorado. I'm sure any of them would be happy to sell you a car.

Send an e-mail asking for a quote. I'd be as specific as possible on how and where you want to pick up the car. If you are considering Munich pick-up, head over to the ED forum and read up on the details.
Ask for their Invoice + $xxxx price, what their dealer fees are, and how much they mark up the lease MF and the LAF.

Some BMW dealers will accept delivery of a car ordered/purchased at another dealer. This may only apply to European Delivery. Not sure. This is called a Courtesy Delivery. There is a charge, usually about $500

Any BMW dealer can set you up with delivery of an ordered car at the Performance Center in South Carolina. You other options are to pick up the car at the selling dealer or pay to have it shipped back to you. That may offset the additional savings over your Denver quote.

For a 0.00035 MF increase, BMW FS will waive the Lease Acquisition Fee. This waiver is very rarely used. The MF increase is substantial, so most people don't even consider it. However it takes $625-$825 out of the cap cost of the lease, so it is possible to come out ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.