BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I met Woodswatchco and his new EBII M Sport

6K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Bimmer4Fun 
#1 ·
"Woodsy," if he doesn't mind me abbreviating his handle, was kind enough to make the drive up to my small town to show me his new F30 M Sport today. A good excuse to knock off some of those break in miles when you have the chance, right? It was nice to meet a fellow fester, especially someone as nice as Woodsy. As we talked we came to find out that we actually grew up in the same town on the other side of The Bay. That's TAMPA BAY to all you guys in San Francisco. Our paths never crossed there as my years in the old town probably transpired a couple of decades before his. Anyway, since his car is the same exterior color as the one we have ordered, I was really looking forward to having a good look at it. I can tell you that I am not disappointed at all at this color when seen live. It's absolutely beautiful.

In case you're wondering, I'm the fat old guy on the right, Woodsy is the young, lean, driving machine on the left.

By the way Woodsy, thanks for showing me your beautiful car today. It was great meeting you and seeing your new car.

If the photos don't appear let me know and I'll give it a retry. I don't post photos very often and I seem to be hit or miss about it. mdsbuc

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome photos.

From the photos, it looks like he has the sportline grilles. Do u know if that came with the car?

#4 ·
Thanks. I think that's the grill that comes with it. I don't think he's done any mods.

#5 ·
Thanks for posting the great photos. Those full sized cameras are a bit tougher to carry but wow! What quality. I can't wait to check out your estoril, 335i when it comes in. The grills are stock. The car only has 200 miles on it. The break in period will be torture waiting to unleash all the car has to offer. I'm still amazed at this turbo 4 cylinder. I always thought my old Audi A4 was a great car that was in dire need of more power. BMW F30 was the answer to my dreams! Maybe not a piece of paper, but on the road, the new 328i is more comparable to an S4 for $13k less. I plan on getting the BMS tuner when the car is fully broken in. Then maybe I can keep up with the 335i guys! Unless they get one too.:p

#8 ·
Thanks for posting the great photos. Those full sized cameras are a bit tougher to carry but wow! What quality. I can't wait to check out your estoril, 335i when it comes in. The grills are stock. The car only has 200 miles on it. The break in period will be torture waiting to unleash all the car has to offer. I'm still amazed at this turbo 4 cylinder. I always thought my old Audi A4 was a great car that was in dire need of more power. BMW F30 was the answer to my dreams! Maybe not a piece of paper, but on the road, the new 328i is more comparable to an S4 for $13k less. I plan on getting the BMS tuner when the car is fully broken in. Then maybe I can keep up with the 335i guys! Unless they get one too.:p
Woodsy, it was my pleasure to take a few shots of your beautiful car, but the camera is no full size 35mm camera. It's a micro 4/5 camera, smaller than 35mm ones. Because it has no internal mirror it's a smaller camera. It's much easier to carry around, but still offers the ability to change lenses when the need arises. The quality of the photos would be even better though if I was using a good 35mm. Btw, your car looks so good, my cell phone could take good photos of it!

#7 ·
Thanks woodswatchco. I really enjoyed the opportunity to see your car and join in the chat.

Mrs. mdsbuc

#14 ·
Great job of organizing a mini-meetup.
Thanks! It was great meeting a fellow fester. We stepped it up from your usual haunt and met at a Target store instead of your usual Walmart. :thumbup:

A few more and we can have a group buy on some of these.

BJ

Our Hero

Vs.

Mineral Gray Man (a.k.a. BJ) :)

#11 ·
Nice story, and great looking car too! I'm sure after this mini-meet, you're now more anxious about picking up your car too! IMO, the only other option I would get is the lighting package. Well worth it IMO. However, the halogens may be good enough for you, and the BMW ones (especially) aren't too shabby. In any case, can't wait to hear about your ED story, and Woody, great looking car!

#13 ·
Thanks Cal. Definitely looking forward to the ED, and will certainly report. :thumbup:

#23 ·
Well, I learned just a little bit from "the master," hunting down the perfect photo using a google search, and incorporating it into the flow of ideas. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.