BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M6 Pictures in Dijon, France

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  ///MLover 
#1 ·
Just came back from visiting the family in France. While there I stopped by the local BMW dealership to check what they had (I wanted to see the 1-Series up close) and chat with the sales people (also got to drive a E90 325i Step which was nice). As a side note, the sales person could not stop raving about the new 535d...

Well, to my surprise they also had a beautiful black M6 parked right in front. I was surprised because I did not even know it was already on sale in Europe. The car looks amazing in person. It has an incredible presence.

I even got to hear the throbbing V10 engine, which was nice.

Here are some pics

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool pics. :D

I wonder what style rims are on that E90 3-series behind the M6 in the photos? They look like M68s a little, but a modernized interpretation perhaps.

#5 ·
RandyB said:
Cool pics. :D

I wonder what style rims are on that E90 3-series behind the M6 in the photos? They look like M68s a little, but a modernized interpretation perhaps.
I think they are 154s. They are 16 inches I believe. I saw quite a few E90s with them on so I am assuming it is one of the basic alloy wheel options for the E90.

#6 ·
LarryN said:
Sweet! and welcome back, for the short period you're in the area for :cry:

BTW, those wheels in the poster appear to be 162's (which are std on the US 330i ZSP) in motion.
Thanks Larry!! Sadly, I don't think I will be able to see you and the rest of the gang before I head west. Too much going on... I hope you have a great trip for your ED and cannot wait to read all about on the Fest :)

#7 ·
Interesting that they sell Mini and BMW at the same store.

#9 ·
Alex Baumann said:
That's very common. All BMW dealers sell MINIs here.
Interesting. I guess since the Mini was a more established brand on the continent they figured it didnt need as much work to distinguish it.

#11 ·
#12 ·
FrenchBoy said:
The M5 and M6 are both on sale in France (resp. 94,800 Euros and 115,500 Euros). Savy 21 has actually 3 M6s on order and the sales person gave me the M5/M6 catalog.

Here are the prices/equipment details:

For France
http://www.bmw.com/generic/fr/fr/pr...owroom/mseries/m6/download/_pdf/m6_prices.pdf

From the UK
http://www.bmw.co.uk/apm/new_bmw/mi...9497813__bs-TQ%3D%3D%40bb-TTZfQ1A%3D,00.html#

FrenchBoy
I withdraw my statement! How come France gets the M6 so long before anyone else? It seems like only a few countries even have the M5 yet, much less the M6.

#13 ·
KevinM said:
I withdraw my statement! How come France gets the M6 so long before anyone else? It seems like only a few countries even have the M5 yet, much less the M6.
The first M6 cars have already been delivered to the customers here in Germany. I saw one yesterday at the Nurburgring. Black/Black with four pipes :)

#14 ·
KevinM said:
Now, that's actually a very good question. I don't believe we are supposed to get the M6 until early 2006. The sales person at Savy 21 was actually quite surprised when I told him that, particularly when considering the US is the primary market for M cars. Strange indeed...

#17 ·
pwned said:
Hey,

Isnt the new 650's comin out they say that it is supposed to be redisigned? Is that true?

-Pwned :eeps:
I don't think so pwned, I've Googled the 650ci and it has pictures of it and it looks that it's just the new 750i/750Li engine slapped in it. In my opinion there isn't that much of an improvement of the new V-8 over the old V-8. The old one is more responsive in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.