BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

code 1222??

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  shreker 
#1 ·
ok here's my question....i went to autozone...and they said that the code p1222 means:ACCELERATING SENSOR.......ok now everyone here is saying that it is the o2 sensor!so what should i do or go by!!please help!!!

#3 ·
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/bmw/

According to THAT, that code is Pedal Position Sensor 2 Low Input.

I fail to see how that or Accelerating Sensor means O2 sensor, personally. And btw, in my experience, a lot of people say it's the O2 sensor whenever the CEL comes on. Were it me, I'd swing by an independent BMW mechanic, or the BMW dealership, and see what THEY have to say about it, not Joe Blow at AutoZone.

Is the car giving you troubles or did the CEL come on unexpectedly? According to those codes thrown it should be having issues accelerating, which the O2 sensor wouldn't really give you if it's bad.

#5 ·
regardless, barbie is right, autozone is for cheapos. and judging by you being in this thread your car is quite possibly OBDII by the code you posted. I suggest you check your throttle body sensor and see if it is connected properly and investigate the pedal connection too.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day
teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

means do some research!

#7 ·
Sorry, that code you gave was an OBDII code, and the fact that you went to AutoZone instead of doing the pedal trick and checking the codes threw me off. :thumbup: Yeah I know, my bad, should've read what you drove, sorry. (Btw, I checked the OBDI codes first and that code didn't come up for the E36; I googled THAT exact code, it's an OBDII code... ) Just tells me you shouldn't be going off of what AutoZone says. If you aren't having any issues from the car, do the pedal trick and see what the code actually is, or go to an indy/dealership.

#11 ·
I'm not a fan of "just letting it go". Knowing someone who blew an engine because the bulb for her CEL was blown, it makes me uncomfortable driving around with the CEL on constantly; I worry that the little bitty known issue will cover other things up, ya know? I say get it checked out by a mechanic. A good indy shouldn't charge you all THAT much.

#12 ·
I know, it's just I allready got rid of all possible check engine lights on 325 engine. Now I'm going second round on 318 with same errors. Too bad none of the parts that I got will fit 318. Pisses me off, and makes me cry.

Any body need new TPS? New Alternator? New Drive belt? New spark wire(just one). Good working coil packs. Computer?

Note to my self: "What a waste."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.