BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Latest info on 335...

156K views 2K replies 198 participants last post by  gohawks23 
#1 ·
Local dealer is taking $1000 deposits for 2007 model year slots. Price is not out yet of course but dealer will only sell for MSRP. Current 330 will cease production in August of 06.

I'm gonna check out the RS4 too seeing as the E90 M3 won't be here until the 2008 model year.

#1,078 ·
aznyeast said:
SpeedFreak!!!! tell us your new info please. My car is coming next week and I need to decideee... Lease or buy :(
N54 w/ 310hp... trying to confirm that it will be Turbo as originally thought. DI for sure... please understand that I am still working on this and am dealing with some stuff... stuff that has been going on for many months... and I didn't know... there was no way that I could know. I'm sorry.

#1,079 ·
SpeedFreak! said:
N54 w/ 310hp... trying to confirm that it will be Turbo as originally thought. DI for sure... please understand that I am still working on this and am dealing with some stuff... stuff that has been going on for many months... and I didn't know... there was no way that I could know. I'm sorry.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D

Speed! What happened to 3.5L engine? Was it "lost in development"? :rofl:

;) :thumbup:

#1,080 ·
SpeedFreak! said:
Hmm... two things here. I am not sure about the DI, I thought that was a Europe thing. This may be a stupid question, but doesn't that require higher octane fuel or something? Also, I am really surprised you posted 310hp, my understanding is that the N54 US spec was not finished yet.

Kinda figured it was gonna be a turbo, but I think we already beated that issue to death ;)

-Brett

#1,081 ·
Brett said:
Hmm... two things here. I am not sure about the DI, I thought that was a Europe thing. This may be a stupid question, but doesn't that require higher octane fuel or something? Also, I am really surprised you posted 310hp, my understanding is that the N54 US spec was not finished yet.

Kinda figured it was gonna be a turbo, but I think we already beated that issue to death

-Brett
I'm still trying to sort through the cluster f0ck... I was targeted as a result of posts here on the Turbo and the N54 going back about a year. Simple as that. And at this point... the existence of a 3.5L has not been ruled out by any means. The only thing that is clear right now is the use of the 3.0 N54 w/ DI for MY07... and that it will have 310hp. There is still conflicting information regarding the Turbo... I'm working on it.

Tine said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D

Speed! What happened to 3.5L engine? Was it "lost in development"? :rofl:

;) :thumbup:
So Tine... where's the apology for LYING out your freakin' ass about me and this stupid "Punked You" Bull Sh!t?

It's nice of you to sit there and gloat... but that doesn't change what you did.
And for the record... other then the badge changes... I was reporting this information about a year ago.

You want everyone to think you are a gentleman... an all around "good guy"... so PROVE IT, Tine... be a man... tell everyone the truth. :confused:

#1,082 ·
Is Tine bi-polar or something? WTH. One moment he'll seem real cool and just trying to share info...then the next moment he's "punking" everyone and fabricating some conspiracy with Speed...then he's back to being a good guy...then right back to being an idiot.

It's just weird...

:dunno:

#1,083 ·
SpeedFreak! said:
stuff that has been going on for many months... and I didn't know...
meaning...

SpeedFReak! said:
I was targeted as a result of posts here on the Turbo and the N54 going back about a year.
Umm, I don't even know your entire situation, but I figured that out a while ago ;). Best of luck; however, you must remember this is only for fun, its not worth losing a job over or worse.

Its funny, I tried to explain "spiders bite hard", perhaps this riddle makes more sense now.

-Brett

#1,084 ·
wyrm11 said:
Is Tine bi-polar or something? WTH. One moment he'll seem real cool and just trying to share info...then the next moment he's "punking" everyone and fabricating some conspiracy with Speed...then he's back to being a good guy...then right back to being an idiot.

It's just weird...

Against... NOT with... please remember that. :thumbup:

#1,085 ·
wyrm11 said:

It's just weird...

Funny story time! I once ran a forum for video gamer addicts, and well I shared the duties with this one other moderator. We had several active users, but there was one who was extremelly "in the know". Long story made short he became "good pals" with the other moderator and occasionally would join in our weekly AIM meetings. And, on a couple of occasions they would even break out fighting with each other in the dang chat room! Now for the funny part: years later I found out they were the same person! Not at all suggesting Tine is bi-polar or doing anything similar to this, just reminded me of this story.

-Brett

#1,086 ·
Brett3 said:
meaning...

Umm, I don't even know your entire situation, but I figured that out a while ago ;). Best of luck; however, you must remember this is only for fun, its not worth losing a job over or worse.

Its funny, I tried to explain "spiders bite hard", perhaps this riddle makes more sense now.

-Brett
Later... when I can.

As for spiders... I've known about them all along... I just didn't think there was a problem. I've said since the beginning that the only information getting out will be info BMW wants to get out. Since I've never really hidden who I was... and since I've never been approached directly... I thought everything was OK.

As for my position with BMW... I'm completely OK. After all, they got what they wanted.

#1,087 ·
SpeedFreak! said:
Later... when I can.

As for spiders... I've known about them all along... I just didn't think there was a problem. I've said since the beginning that the only information getting out will be info BMW wants to get out. Since I've never really hidden who I was... and since I've never been approached directly... I thought everything was OK.

As for my position with BMW... I'm completely OK. After all, they got what they wanted.
Spiders can bite hard! Trust me.

So - that 3.5L NA thing you came up with was just a stunt, huh.

SpeedFreak! = spider's helper? :yikes: :dunno: :thumbup:

or ... Tine = spider's helper? :yikes: :dunno: :thumbup:

In whose interest was to fool the people with I6 3.5L NA engine?

BMW playing Bimmerfest?

Btw,
If you want my appology - than be so: sorry. :angel:

#1,088 ·
wyrm11 said:

It's just weird...

Agreed 100%...Tine is freaking whacked in the skull....:tsk:

#1,089 · (Edited)
SpeedFreak! said:
So Tine... where's the apology for LYING out your freakin' ass about me and this stupid "Punked You" Bull Sh!t?

It's nice of you to sit there and gloat... but that doesn't change what you did.
And for the record... other then the badge changes... I was reporting this information about a year ago.

You want everyone to think you are a gentleman... an all around "good guy"... so PROVE IT, Tine... be a man... tell everyone the truth. :confused:
I thought you reported this guy for personal attacks. What's he still doing posting info here if he personally attacked you? Was there evidence in his favor that kept him here? Or do the admins just not care? I'd hate to think anyone could say anything about anyone with no repercussions.

#1,090 ·
Tine said:

BMW playing Bimmerfest?

Btw,
Dude, do you see two faces when you look in the mirror or what? Do you carry on a contradictory convo with yourself at dinner? You are freaking me out as well as most of this board I bet.:eeps:

#1,091 ·
greginaz1 said:
Dude, do you see two faces when you look in the mirror or what? Do you carry on a contradictory convo with yourself at dinner? You are freaking me out as well as most of this board I bet.:eeps:
Exactly! Its only been one day since the admins did Tine a favor and deleted that that thread where he personally attacked Speed. Its not like anyone here forgot what he did. :thumbdwn:

#1,092 ·
user1 said:
Exactly! Its only been one day since the admins did Tine a favor and deleted that that thread where he personally attacked Speed. Its not like anyone here forgot what he did. :thumbdwn:
Actually, if it was the good old days, Speed would meet Tine in the old schoolyard after class let out for some knuckle mashing...ah, so much more satisfying it was...:D

#1,093 ·
Tine said:

BMW playing Bimmerfest?

Btw,
I reported what I was told by people who were also victims. People with BMW NA. None of us tried to fool anyone about anything... we thought we were sharing exciting information that the enthusiast community would be excited to hear about. We were wanting to help people make plans based on good solid information... to HELP people... and to stir up excitement.

As for your apology... of course I want it. What you did was not only unbelievable... it was malicious and completely over the top.

If you are being sincere... and I must say, it's hard to tell whether your being honest or not... then I accept.

#1,094 ·
user1 said:
I thought you reported this guy for personal attacks. What's he still doing posting info here if he personally attacked you? Was there evidence in his favor that kept him here? Or do the admins just not care? I'd hate to think anyone could say anything about anyone with no repercussions.
I did, just as I said I did... which is why the thread was deleted. As for Tine still being here... I have no idea. I can only request and suggest... what the admins decide is up to them. There is absolutely NO evidence in his favor of any kind. All claims made by Tine involving me were nothing but LIES.

#1,095 ·
SpeedFreak! said:
As for your apology... of course I want it. What you did was not only unbelievable... it was malicious and completely over the top.

If you are being sincere... and I must say, it's hard to tell whether your being honest or not... then I accept.
a) NA vs. AG battle / interests. :flame: :dunno: :confused: :yikes: :p

b) Thanks.

Long live BMW! :dancingbmwlogo"

#1,096 ·
SpeedFreak! said:
I reported what I was told by people who were also victims. People with BMW NA. None of us tried to fool anyone about anything... we thought we were sharing exciting information that the enthusiast community would be excited to hear about. We were wanting to help people make plans based on good solid information... to HELP people... and to stir up excitement.

So, Speed or anyone else in the know. Is the 330i being discontinued?

#1,098 ·
Brett3 said:
Yes, the 330i is out the door, so is the 325i.

-Brett
At least in the US market, but international markets show a wider appetite for engine options. In england, there are at least 10 engine options for the e60 5er right now versus 4 in the US. 520d, 525d, 530d, 535d, 523i, 525i, 530i, 540i, 550i, M5

#1,100 ·
PoliticalAid007 said:
So, Speed or anyone else in the know. Is the 330i being discontinued?
I would not refer to it as "discontinued" but rather updated... and as of right now... I'm still going to need a couple more days to sort through the intentional pile of crap that I had been fed a few months ago.

I have good sources... but we have all been victims of some extremely good guerrilla marketing. I feel rather certain about the following:

The coupe will debut in Geneva.
The coupe will debut as a 328 producing 235hp and the 335 with the 3.0L N54 DI producing 310hp
SOP is still June'06

The following information is still in conflict and I am working to validate the correct source:

Will the "Ci" badge remain in the US market...
Will the sedan change with the coupe in Sept.'06 or follow in MY08...
Will there actually be a Turbo for the US market as I had originally reported...
What happened to the 3.5L that so many were so certain of...
Some are saying that the Turbo will be a limited production option similar to the ZHP (also a position I held long ago) and appear as a gap filler between the 330i and the M3, or will it be the 330i replacement...

You people can BASH me and try to insult me all you like... it simply exposes you for the type of person that you are when you do that. I willingly provide a perspective that you can not... it would be far more intelligent of you to welcome insight and perspective from alternative sources rather then constantly making me wonder why I'm wasting my time conversing with a long (and growing) list of ass holes. :confused: Just a thought.

#1,101 ·
HW said:
a "BMW" w/o a Bavarian Motor motor ain't a BMW :p :neener: :angel:
The Hams Hall plant in the UK produced the 500000th 4 cylinder for BMW group a year ago. The 4 cylinder gas engines go into a lot of BMW cars built in Germany and elsehwere. Here's a copy and past from something online regarding these motors. BMW is a global company and not all it's engines are produced in Germany....I do like the cars built in Germany....

Regards,
Marc
95M3

Quote from Jan 2005:
Producing all BMW four-cylinder petrol engines for shipment to the company's assembly plants in Germany (Munich, Regensburg and Leipzig) and South Africa (Rosslyn), the (Hams Hall) plant currently employs just over 600 associates in the West Midlands and all production is exported from the UK. The engines power not only the petrol versions of the brand new 1 Series, but also many of the 3 Series vehicles driven by BMW customers around the world. The introduction in 2005 of a new generation of the BMW 3 Series will see increased demand for engines from the Hams Hall plant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.