Would you get ZSP?

• ZSP

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No ZSP (Just comfort seats)

Votes: 1 12.5%

ZSP or No ZSP?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  magnumforc 
#1 ·
I've read a lot about the tire bubbles...Am close to ordering a 535 Xi GT. Wondering what the verdict is on the Sport package with the 19 RFT's. Rather than get the 19's and be forced to buy the tire & wheel insurance, I'd prefer to drop ZSP and just get the comfort seats..Appreciate your feedback.:dunno:

#3 ·
Aesthetically and dynamically, the sports package turns up the heat. The GT can be equipped to appeal to many needs and desires - I consider the sports package to be a mandatory option.

#4 ·
I agree... but as a cost conscious buyer, I am not willing to pay the tire and wheel insurance which comes to about $2k..

#11 ·
18 vs 19

Asthetically they do look good, but so did the 18's IMO. I REALLY wanted the steering wheel, but not with 19's. Having had LP and the 18's (17's on a bunch of my BMW's) I can say that I could not tell the performance difference. Nowhere was I taking corners at 100mph, and straight line was impressive. I did notice the wear and tear difference in my wallet having had to replace 2 sets after 12,000 miles (it was a MB E430 with Eagle GT's on it), 2 tires on the MB for a pothole hit in NJ due to bubbles the size of a softball and baseball, and a whole set on a 95 535i due to being out of round from potholes (used car that looked great, but the thump-thump that echoed in the cabin became unbearable, my fault for buying, but i'm just saying).

I thought about pushing for a swap to the different spoke rim 18's that I think you get standard on the 550 or in Europe, but I did not (tire 271).

Lastly, I did not want to even think about having to buy snow tires...

PS : I hope you are correct about GY fixing the problem!

#12 ·
It becomes a rhetorical question. Either you believe your tires and wheels will not fail aand cost you a bunch, or you believe BMW will replace more than two tires and rims over the term of the insurance due to tire failure. It's a slippery slope. You can purchase a tire protection policy from Discount Tire Co on new tires without buying the tires there. That covers road hazards and I believe will also cover the bubbling issue from manufacturers defects. It's about 50 bucks a tire or a bit more and only lasts as long as the tire. (They say three years but I found they will honor it longer as long as there is respectable tread on the tire.) It also includes balancing and rotation for the life of the tire as well.

If you rub the curb with your wheel, BMW will not polish it out. If you gouge it pretty badly, they will not replace i! All failures and damage MUST be a result of a road hazard and not a result of your actions in scraping a curb, etc. It does not cover any cosmetic damage so if you scrape up your great looking wheels, you have to go somewhere else to have them polished out or find a new wheel.

I have 19" whels and all weather tires on my xDrive GT with the Sport Package and love them. Great all around package for wet, dry and handling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.