BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW Assist for 2014 X1

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  scottjays 
#1 ·
Has anyone had success sending an address from Google Maps to a 2014 X1 (I believe this feature is called MyInfo)? I was greatly looking forward to this feature and so far it has not been working. Google Maps indicates that the address is successfully sent but the car does not receive the message through BMW Assist.

I have been told that this is a 2014 technical issue they are still working through with BMW Assist. I have also been told that the BMW Online feature will not even be available until sometime in June for the 2014 models. I understand that this is not an issue for the 2013 X1 and only applies to 2014 models.

My service adviser has asked that I bring in the car again tomorrow because they want to try one more thing after working with BMW Assist on the issue. We'll see if they can get it resolved.

In the meantime, I am curious if anyone else is having this issue.

Perhaps related: apparently BMW is changing the BMW Assist features for MY 2014 vehicles and later. On the X1, there will be 10 years of Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Roadside Assistance, Collision Notification, etc. but MyInfo and BMW Online will only be for 3 years. This is a change from MY 2013 X1's that had all of the aforementioned for 4 years.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine is a 2014 X1 and I have no issue... It was just the BMW sales guy setting up my assist account (using my personal info) such that the email id is my username.

Then on I was able to send addresses from google to my car. There's a bit delay in the car fetching the messages when you turn it on, but it works...

I also use that same login for the BMW remote iPhone app to directly send addresses and control the car from my iPhone...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#3 ·
Mine is a 2014 X1 and I have no issue... It was just the BMW sales guy setting up my assist account (using my personal info) such that the email id is my username.

Then on I was able to send addresses from google to my car. There's a bit delay in the car fetching the messages when you turn it on, but it works...

I also use that same login for the BMW remote iPhone app to directly send addresses and control the car from my iPhone...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thanks. Good to know it is not a universal 2014 issue. My car is in today and we'll see if they can get it resolved.

Just out of curiosity, on the BMW Assist Subscriber Agreement, what term was listed for the various services? For "Connected Drive Services" my Agreement says "BMW Paid 36 Mo." But for everything else (E-Call, Remote Services and TeleServcie) it instead says "BMWPaid 120 Mo."

#5 ·
I've been on the phone with BMW Assist 2X's a day for the last week. Finally today the advisor said it's a problem with the switch over from old Assist software and the new for MY 2014 software. When I call, sometimes they find my information and sometimes they don't... It's been frustrating, but at least somebody admitted there is a problem. Hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later:mad:

#11 ·
Send to car not in new google maps. Revert back to previous version like I did. Stupid oversight IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.