BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Lease ending on 750i in February - what to do?

7K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  likegadgets 
#1 ·
My lease on my 2010, 750i, is ending end of February. Not sure what to do.
Considering another 750i (2012) , Maybe a 740i, or even a 550. A fiend got an Audi 8 (S series, thought) that I really liked. I have discarded European delivery - this time around.

Any thoughts on the above options, particularly from someone that moved to any of these from a 750?

When would be the best time between now and end of February to try to get the best deal?
(Southern CA)?

Comments are much appreciated.

#2 ·
Did you speak to your client advisor? What did they recommend? BMW should have sent you a brochure in the mail with your options.

#3 ·
Thanks for replying.

I am returning the car at the end of the lease. So I am not looking for options regarding this turn in and will likely not lease from the same dealer, regardless. Yes, they sent a brochure, but I am simply returning the car to them. The car is in perfect shape, and under mileage. I am just considering alternatives to another 750i.

#4 ·
your alternatives are the Audi A8 Lexus LS or MB S550. I recently renewed my lease from a 2009 750LI to a 2013 LXI. While the cars looks the same I have to say the cars is remarkably different in performance. I would suggest you test drive the 2013 model. The alternatives do not come close to the 2013.

Good luck with your search

#5 ·
Are you looking to downgrade to something more affordable? Hence the F10 or 740?

Honestly the Panamera looks lovely, but just a horrible value new. Too high a "Porsche tax". I'd go the route one owner on here did and go CPO, the depreciation should cancel out the tax, and put it more in line with its competitors.

As much as I distain Lexus, the new LS looks great in person. They've done some meaningful cosmetic changes that make it look more in line to battle the German luxo-barges.

About 85%+ of my driving is highway, so range is important to me. ~520mi per tank currently isn't bad. I'm keeping an eye on the new Audi A8 diesel, if it can get well into the 7-800 mile range it'll be on my short list when my lease is up.

I'd avoid the S Class, it's on the cusp of being completely redesigned.

#7 ·
Are you looking to downgrade to something more affordable? Hence the F10 or 740?

Honestly the Panamera looks lovely, but just a horrible value new. Too high a "Porsche tax". I'd go the route one owner on here did and go CPO, the depreciation should cancel out the tax, and put it more in line with its competitors.

As much as I distain Lexus, the new LS looks great in person. They've done some meaningful cosmetic changes that make it look more in line to battle the German luxo-barges.

About 85%+ of my driving is highway, so range is important to me. ~520mi per tank currently isn't bad. I'm keeping an eye on the new Audi A8 diesel, if it can get well into the 7-800 mile range it'll be on my short list when my lease is up.

I'd avoid the S Class, it's on the cusp of being completely redesigned.
The only one of your points with which I would take issue is the Lexus LS. I haven't yet seen this car in person, and I'll take your word that it's attractive, but it's my understanding that the changes to the LS were only cosmetic, as opposed to the cosmetic and more competitive performance changes Lexus made to their GS.

#6 ·
My list would include the BMW 650ix Gran Coupe, the Panamera GTS, and the Audi S8.

#12 ·
My lease on my 2010, 750i, is ending end of February. Not sure what to do.
Considering another 750i (2012) , Maybe a 740i, or even a 550. A fiend got an Audi 8 (S series, thought) that I really liked. I have discarded European delivery - this time around.

Any thoughts on the above options, particularly from someone that moved to any of these from a 750?

When would be the best time between now and end of February to try to get the best deal?
(Southern CA)?

Comments are much appreciated.
Your choices are fairly limited.
Porsche Panamera: A strong performer in a butt ugly (pardon the pun) package. The seats are too hard and small, ride more "sporty" than I like. The butt is very ugly, and a "wagon' style body in a $100K+ car makes no sense.
S550: Too big, and getting bigger. Build like a bank vault.
A8: The new king of the hill. This is a beautiful car, and does away with my pet peeves about BMWs: Run-Flat Tires, Forces Auto Start Stop, No Dipstick for oil.
Lexus LS: For those who like the luxurious interior, but do not care much about the driving.

You may want to think about Porsche 911, the Range Rover, or the X5 as alternatives as well.

Good luck!

#13 · (Edited)
Drive them all, and get the car that makes you feel good.

All the cars listed will get you from A to B quickly, safely and comfortably. It's more about which feels more satisfying and rewarding, even if that is difficult to justify from a quantitative aspect.

#17 ·
Yes, the S-Class is at the end of it's life...but it will be about 9 months more until a new one! MBUSA is offering AMAZING 18 month lease specials on the S550!! Also, the E550 and E350s are leasing in the $4-600 range per month with almost nothing down! A friend of ours at a local MBZ dealer, told us they have sold 97!! E-Classes in Novemeber alone! And the S-Classes are flying off the lot!

#20 ·
Sounds like a good price on those E-Classes. I'm used to benz lease prices being so high because of the ****ty money factors they had when I was looking. Wonder how much they're asking for a moderately equipped S-Class? They're supposed to have an S class coupe coming out within the year. Looking forward to seeing that sucker.

#23 · (Edited)
Look at the 2013. I'm getting into a fairly more expensive MSRP 7(Even without the M Sport deduction) for the same payments I had on my last car. As for the S, I looked at the car as well, their 2 year leases are very aggressive but with the complete redesign around the corner, I couldn't do it.

#24 ·
Any one care to share a recent lease deal (under the existing program) for reference? I have a few inquiries (to a reliable car broker I have used in the past) and I am awaiting quotes, Also, I am looking at the forum as I recall there are a couple of southern California dealers that work with forum members. Searching......

Thanks

#27 ·
Likegadgets-

Visit the "ask a dealer" forum here for some good info on specials. The BMW holiday deals are pretty good, and there are lots of incentives on 7-series (loyalty, holiday credit, free m-sport pkg). BMW also has a pull ahead program that will allow you to turn your car in early and waive up to the last 3 payments.

You should contact one of the sponsors if you are in SoCal, they will give you a very good and straight-forward deal.

#35 ·
Thanks Sarafil and all for the tips and suggestions. I used the pull ahead and leased a 750i, Dark Graphite/Black - B&O, Executive, Lighting, Drivers Assistant, M Sports, 20" tires.
I did get the tire insurance for the 3 year lease. I did use one of the sponsors (PACIFIC BMW/Greg Poland) and got a good deal and AAA service

#29 ·
Come February and you are still unsure of what you want, you may want to look into having your lease extended on a month to month basis till you can figure it out.

#30 ·
So am looking at a 750i with Executive, Lighting, Driver Assistance, M Sport (with 20"Alloy DBL SPoke) and B&O. W/O Tax nothing down about $1,150 - 36 m and 10K. MSRP $101,395 BLK/BLK

Would like to have added parking assistance and active seats but long wait (and never used my current active seats). I would not have added the 20" wheels but this is one is available. Thoughts on configuration and price?

#31 · (Edited)
I have heard mixed reviews on the B&O system. Thats a relatively pricey option, enough that I would actually sit in a car with and without it and play the same couple of songs, see if its worth the price. I too never use the Active Seats, I would not get that option again, unless they include an actual massager, like on the S Class.

Honestly I'm a little shocked at the price. 1150 w/o tax a month is much lower than what I had figured a loaded 750 currently would be going for, I was way off. Thats definitely something I'll keep in mind after this lease is over. No regrets, this has been a great car at a very very reasonable price.

#32 ·
I have heard mixed reviews on the B&O system. Thats a relatively pricey option, enough that I would actually sit in a car with and without it and play the same couple of songs, see if its worth the price. I too never use the Active Seats, I would not get that option again, unless they include an actual massager, like on the S Class.

Honestly I'm a little shocked at the price. 1150 w/o tax a month is much lower than what I had figured a loaded 750 currently would be going for, I was way off. Thats definitely something I'll keep in mind after this lease is over. No regrets, this has been a great car at a very very reasonable price.
I agree! My 2012 Active Hybrid 7 was over $100k. I had a 36 month lease, 12k miles a year. I had NO negative equity of any kind. I put $2500 down and my payments were almost $1300.00....and I got a huge discount (I think it was almost $14k off sticker price). I guess at the time money factor and residual must have been bad. $1150 for this car sounds like a great price!!

#36 ·
How much was the tire insurance at the dealership? My dealership in Northern California wanted $1000 for 5 years of coverage. As for the early lease return, most dealerships will allow you to turn a car in early if you get another from them. It's all about moving units, especially this late in the year. We turned in my brother's 2012 528i after 10 months on a 3 year lease, and got him into a 2013 535i M Sport with more miles and for less than his 528i. Sure it's a 5 series, but it shows that as long as there's little or no negative equity in the current lease they'll gladly take it back. You are absolutely right in the incentives right now, there are some really great deals out there. In addition, the 7's aren't moving that well right now because of the instability in gas prices (was told this by multiple dealerships). But hey, I'm cool with that as it means less 7's on the road :-D

Can anyone report on the quality of satellite radio on the B&O system? On my 09 750i, it sounds horrible!

#37 ·
The list price for a BMW issued 3 year insurance on the 20" tires and rims is around $1,850. The actual price depends on the type of tires, the car, the policy issuer and the deal for the car lease. My insurance was much less than the list, but as part of the deal difficult to say on its own.

The B&O with Sirius on the 2013 sounds much better than on the enhanced stereo on the 2010 I return, but not that spectacular. Is it worth the steep price? I suggest bringing a favorite CD and hearing it for yourself at a dealer.

#38 ·
$1850 is ridiculous, I don't care what kind of tires/wheels are on the car. You can get a premium aftermarket tire/wheel warranty for a fraction of that cost, and it covered my 21 inch Perillo PZero's with no issue (replaced 6 tires and three cracked rims). I purchased my original one a couple years ago (for my 06 7 series) from Bill Jacobs BMW for about $700. This included 5 years of coverage (or 100k miles from date of purchase, whichever is first). You should see if you can cancel that and get a refund, which you can do within 30 days I believe. Honestly, it should not matter what kind of tires/wheels are on the car, anything over $800 is pure profit for the dealership (according to what the finance manager told me). Not only that, coverage should be for 5 years.

As for the B&O system, for almost $4000 it should sound like the best system out there.. that's truly disappointing. Can you report on the quality of satellite radio?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.