BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Converted MB Guy

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  jenchrisre 
#1 · (Edited)
Took delivery of 328 last weekend (wife's car) and could not be happier. I drive a E500 and my wife has to fight me off to get her car! Great experience with the dealer and a joy to drive. I am now in the mindset of trading my E500 in for a 335 myself. I am attaching the first photos of the new ride..:thumbup::beerchug:

2007 328, Comfort Access, NAV, IPOD, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Blk Graphite, Black Leather, HD Radio

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Took delivery of 328 last weekend (wife's car) and could not be happier. I drive a E500 and my wife has to fight me off to get her car! Great experience with the dealer and a joy to drive. I am now in the mindset of trading my E500 in for a 335 myself. I am attaching the first photos of the new ride..:thumbup::beerchug:

2007 328, Comfort Access, NAV, IPOD, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Blk Graphite, Black Leather, HD Radio
Looks just like my 328xi 2007. Do you have satilite radio? If you don't mind me asking "how much did you get it for?". Apparently I got taken when I bought my car so I have been pretty bummed today.

I almost got a Mercedes but seems like people that have had a Mercedes seem to like BMW better so I didn't want to chance it.

#6 ·
Yes it seems you did get a good deal. I love my sat radio except when my 11 yr. old daughter is in the car then I have to listen to radio disney (HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL AND HANNA MONTANA - I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE!) But when she gets out at school I put it back to my music the 70's and 80's MEMORIES! I have not listened to local radio since I got my car. What exactly is HD Radio?

#8 ·
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Would you say that a MB C class would be more expensive equipped with what your BMW 328 is equipped with? It seemed like you had to pay for every little thing as a add on with MB. I have never driven one but a friend of mine has a 2005 c class and it looks so cheap inside.

#9 ·

Welcome to Bimmerfest. Beautiful car! I have one question. What position did you have your headlight switch to capture those pics with the angel eyes on (you forgot to mention xenon)?

#12 ·
I had the parking lights on with the fog lights on as well. One click over from off. Thanks all for the great comments. We are really enjoying the new ride. The only regret is not having bought a 335. I keep telling myself that it is the wife's car and she doesn't need it but still thinking about it none the less.

#15 ·

first off,congratulations and welcome to the BMW family.our vehicles makes an individual feel so much younger at least by 20 years.next thing you know youd be wearing your pants lower to show your name brand boxers listening to rap music.
on a serious note your recent purchase is a beauty.i hope you had a great deal and by snooping around,you should have an idea what to expect to pay before you shop around for your 335.i look forward to your future posts whatever they may be,and the first negative post if ever should there be i will be there to chime in and help out in any way.goodluck and change your driving habits now that you are with us.smile will always be upon you as you come to the best part of the day,the drive to and from work every day of the week.
:thumbup:

#18 ·
I own a 328i Convertible which costs $10,000 more than your car. I will, however, talk to you because I like your attitude.

BJ

#20 ·
We have an X5 that is going back at the end of a lease and it was good as well but it wasn't a true reflection of what BMW was all about. You are right in that once you go "bimmer" you never come back. MB is a solid car but it is too mass market and is played out. I think I will get along with you all just fine. My trading my E500 for a 335 is becoming a pressing issue. If only the E500 didn't drop in value like a rock! Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

#23 ·
What's the MB E doing there? You'll need to park a 5 series next to the 3 series. Which will blow the 3 series away.

#26 ·
It's an E320 CDi. My mom drives it but I think technically its my dad's :dunno:

I think it's hard to compare the 325i with the E320 CDi since the are completely different cars, so it's more of a personal preference. I personally like the 325i better because of the size, sports suspension, and manual transmission. On the other hand, the E320 has a softer ride and a lot of torque! With that said, if you want to compare apples to apples, I'd take a 5-series over the E-class anyday. I've driven a couple of the 5-series and it has such a firm and comfortable ride. The E-class is comfortable but it feels like a Buick sometimes. I know the only reason why my dad picked the E-class over the 5-series was the diesel engine. :mad:

Are you definitely picking up a 335i?

BTW- what year is your E500? The rims on it look like the E320's.

#27 ·
Well, I can't believe it.... My wife got side swiped at a red light today no less than 30 days after buying the new ride. Nothing terrible and she and the kids are fine. Looks like mostly scratches that can be buffed out but you know, it will never be the same. I will be taking it to Magnum in ATL on Monday to see what the diagnosis is, I will keep you posted and pst some pics..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.