BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 X3 Arrival Times

Tags
delivery x3
41K views 212 replies 40 participants last post by  Crawfishy 
#1 ·
I ordered my X3 on April 20th (I think it was put in the system April 22nd) and my dealer said about 5 weeks to delivery. I know a bunch of people just got updates for the May deliveries. I'm still waiting on my VIN. Hoping a few more weeks. How long is it taking everyone else in the US from order to delivery? The suspense is killing me! I hope I don't have to wait until June.

#175 ·
We placed order for our 28i the evening of July 10th and delivery to dealer in Doylestown PA was last Friday or Saturday while I was away at a company meeting. We were not expecting it to come in until late August and that was not a push because we are away on vacation fro 8/19 till 9/2. However we will be picking the car up tomorrow and be able to take it on our two week vacation to OBX.

#182 ·
Vehicle has now moved from production Begins to finishing touches per website. Dealer says it may arrive on Saturday, but they'd need a day to prepare it for me to pick up. Grantsi, my completion estimate date was 3 before yours, so I would think next week is likely... But who really knows till it actually shows up.

#184 ·
Ordered July 27th, just went into production. Phone says completion scheduled for the 23rd. One question. I ordered a 35i with the M package. On the website, under the M sport package for my car, it just seems to list all the available options. This includes 'Sport Suspension Delete.' My build sheet from the dealer definitely doesn't say that and I ordered the Dynamic Handling Package (which removes the sport suspension delete automatically when you spec out the car on their website). DHP also shows up on the build sheet on the website. Any reason for concern or is this normal? It also lists both the high gloss roof rails and roof rails in Aluminum Satin...so clearly there's something inconsistent on the website description of the car.

#187 ·
In most markets M sport includes "sport suspension", but not here. Apparently BMW has decided that U.S. customers don't like the firmer ride, so they delete the sport suspension from the build, and provide the standard suspension instead. Whether or not you have the M Sport package, adding the Dynamic Handling package provides dynamic dampers.

#185 ·
Here's what the website says on mine:

M Sport Package
Sport Suspension delete
Dynamic Damper Control
High-gloss Roof Rails
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin
Performance Control
Sport seats
Aerodynamic kit
Anthracite headliner
Shadowline exterior trim

I really have no idea why they delete the sport suspension like that and wondered why they did that myself. I wouldn't worry too much about what the website says. You will get the sport suspension, they didn't really delete it. :) And I remember now being confused about the roof rails too because mine says the high gloss and aluminum satin. As far as my eyes can tell, my car came with aluminum satin roof rails. I'm not sure if there would be a difference in the 28i and 35i, as I have the 28i. If you don't have it already, ask your CA for a "Vehicle Inquiry." I'm not sure if there is a better name for it, but it shows your exactly what was ordered and that is exactly how it will be delivered, regardless of what the website says. I know it's hard to not believe what the website says.

#186 ·
That's exactly how mine looks. Looks like (hopefully) they just include all the 'check' boxes.

Electronic Damping Control
Head-up Display
BMW Apps
Cold Weather Package

Heated front seats
40-20-40 split folding rear seats
Heated Steering Wheel

Dynamic Handling Package

Variable sport steering
Performance Control

M Sport Package

Sport Suspension delete
Dynamic Damper Control
High-gloss Roof Rails
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin
M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
Performance Control
Sport seats
Aerodynamic kit
Anthracite headliner
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles
Shadowline exterior trim

Premium Package

Universal garage-door opener
Ambiance lighting
Storage package
Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Rear manual side window shades
Comfort Access keyless entry
Lumbar support

Premium Sound Package

Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Premium hi-fi system

Technology Package

Online Information Services
Park Distance Control
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB
Navigation system
Rear View Camera with Top View
Real Time Traffic Information

#192 ·
Yeah, my car finally arrived at the dealer!:roundel:
Unfortunately won't be able to pick it up until 9/1:cry:
But I will finally get to meet Jon who got me a great deal:thumbup:

#193 · (Edited)
Jon send me a pic of our new car today!:roundel:
He is trying to torture me bacause it is another 10 days until I will be able to pick it up:mad:

Attachments

#195 ·
Congrats! Now we need to see some pictures.

#202 ·
Picked her up today at about 11am...absolutely love it. The M-Sport on Alpine White looks great...i love the beige leather with black headliner. The power of the 35 is great...overall, I'm thrilled. I did notice the lack of rear airconditioning controls meant our 1 year old got a little hot, but we can adjust up front to fix that.

BIG PROBLEM

My wife lost her key within an hour of getting it. We ran a few errands, saw some friends, grabbed lunch and then came home. Needless to say, my key made it home, hers didn't. I think that will be a costly and very annoying error.

#205 ·
Finally picking up ours tomorrow in Santa Barbara.:) Can't wait to finally meet Mr.Bimmerfest Jon Shafer!:roundel:

#206 ·
I am in Canada and ordered a 2013 X3 28i on August 7th (3 weeks ago)

I have contacted my sales rep to get a serial number and / or an estimated delivery date. He says that nothing shows up in the system yet.

Is this normal and typical ? I'm just wondering if he's being lazy or getting back at me by stalling because I negociated too hard :) ?

Of course, it would be too simple to have access to a web site that gives a customer all this info. Similar to the US. I don't think this info is available on bmw.ca

I guess it's built in the US and transported to Canada via railway ? To Halifax first ? How long does this take total usually ?

Anyone else in my situation or that could point me in the right direction ?

In the mean time, I'll keep asking the dealer, either he'll give me the info or call me to tell me the X3 is ready, whichever comes first.

Amazing how time slows down when you can't wait to get rid of a 2008 Acura RDX and get a new X3 !

#208 · (Edited)
(Update)

I now have my VIN and stock number... Does the VIN mean that the vehicle has been produced ? I know I should ask my sales rep. but he's a little unresponsive.

Is there a shipping or rail company that can be tracked for canadian orders with a VIN ?

BMW Canada 1-800-567-2691 confirmed status today : "Planned for production"

#209 ·
Larry,

Having a VIN doesn't mean that it has been produced. Once it goes to the "beginning production" status it is about a week (or least was with mine) and then goes to finishing touches. It took about 2 and half weeks to go from beginning production to being at my dealership. I've in Dallas, Texas, though so transport times to Canada are probably different. I don't think you can track it during transportation, but they will have a status change to let you know that it has been released for transport. I know it is like a kid waiting for Santa Claus to come but try not to check on it daily. You will drive yourself nuts and there is nothing you can do to hurry it along at this point. It has a spot in the production line and will get to you as soon as it does. . . . I say this while completely admitting that I checked daily.

#210 ·
Thanks for the words of wisdom, you're right, I shouldn't check daily :)

But I hate having little info. No news is sometimes worst than bad news.

Also - surprizingly - got an email last night from sales rep : " System says production planned for week 37, X3 should be finished by Friday 14th sept and arriving Canada towards the end of the month."

I will do like the Beatles suggested : "Let it be..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.