BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Juice Box Stage 2 1/4 mile results

4K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  adc 
#1 ·
Hi Gang,

I finally snuck out to Fomoso Raceway for a full 1/4 mile track last night with some of the guys from e92club (thanks again for the invite!).

Temperatures were in the low 90s to high 80s, DA around 2800', and traction what somewhat limited, but overall it was a lot of fun!

I took four passes, all three .1th of each other. 60' times were all around 1.90. My best pass was 12.85 @ 107.90.

The last pass I "went for broke" and tried a 2000rpm launch, like I was able to do at Irwindale. The result was a 2.1 60' time and 13.05@107. I'm mentioning it because I think 2.1 is about what one could expect to do on factory run-flats at this track.

When it cools down I'll sneak up to Sacramento for some sea-level runs!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Gang,

I finally snuck out to Fomoso Raceway for a full 1/4 mile track last night with some of the guys from e92club (thanks again for the invite!).

Temperatures were in the low 90s to high 80s, DA around 2800', and traction what somewhat limited, but overall it was a lot of fun!

I took four passes, all three .1th of each other. 60' times were all around 1.90. My best pass was 12.85 @ 107.90.

The last pass I "went for broke" and tried a 2000rpm launch, like I was able to do at Irwindale. The result was a 2.1 60' time and 13.05@107. I'm mentioning it because I think 2.1 is about what one could expect to do on factory run-flats at this track.

When it cools down I'll sneak up to Sacramento for some sea-level runs!
Every 10 HP increase will give you roughly an extra 1 mph trap speed,so if the stock 335i's trap speed is 103.5~104 and you're running 107.9 regardless of your 60 ft tires etc. that's roughly a 40~45 HP increase. With Procede my trap speed is around 107 to 108 depending on DA.The JBS2 performance is on a par with Procede V 1.47 and how much does it cost?

#6 ·
Hey Lawdude,

I have somewhat of a unique philosophy around here with regard to updates, which is to get it right before you release it. Once the beta testing window is closed and I determine the product is ready for release, there will be no need for further changes. Besides who wants to spend all day waiting around for potential free updates that should have been developed before the product was released in the first place?

Just like with our Stage 1 program if we release a Stage 3 down the road, Stage 2 customers will be able to trade up.

#21 · (Edited)
Hmmm.....

Those cars may have a 10% failure rate, but are all of those attributed to the tuner, or would those cars have experienced failures anyway without the tuner due to a bmw manufacturer defect such as a bad fuel pump?

ie, how do we know the tuner was the cause of failure?

I do realize that any power adding mod increases stress, an thus, increases wear and failure probability.

But...
Does adding the aftermarket tuner increase the chance of the fuel pump failure higher than it already is to a statistically significant level that we can say that the pump is much more likely to fail with the tuner?

#22 ·
Hmmm.....

Those cars may have a 10% failure rate, but are all of those attributed to the tuner, or would those cars have experienced failures anyway without the tuner due to a bmw manufacturer defect such as a bad fuel pump?

ie, how do we know the tuner was the cause of failure?
The failures I was alluding to consisted of "service engine" warnings lighting up on the displays. These apparently occured in some 10% of cars - could be more, could be less, but it's a significant percentage anyway.

I wasn't talking about the HPFP failures, for which we don't have enough data to speculate (and my hunch is that you are correct, a tuned car is just as likely to fail as a regular car - after all, aren't both running similar fuel pressures in the fuel line?).

#34 ·
if for some reason my car died on the road could I take of the 'box' on the spot before towed to a dealer. im sure everyone is worry about warranty issues etc.. where does it attach exactly and should the car have a certain number of miles before installing?
thanks
im so cal where are you located?

#36 ·
You could, but I would suggest you tow the car home using AAA and then have the dealer pick the car up from your house. Working on the car on the side of the road is no fun. ;)

It goes in the ECU area like the procede, xede, etc. Check out the install directions here:

http://www.bmwjuice.com/JuiceBox335i.pdf

I'd suggest you wait around 500 miles before installing. I'm over in Woodland Hills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.