BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Water coming out of my c/f spoiler

749 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  -=Hot|Ice=- 
#1 ·
I have the oem spoiler on my car and when it was hot the other day, water came seeping out of my spoiler along the frong seam.

I don't know if the water is from the rain I drove in a few weeks earlier or a from a recent car wash, but I'm concerned about rust from the water which may be still be under it.

I talked to several mechanics about it, none were concerned and one told me the trunk of my M3 was made of aluminum instead of steel.

Do you agree with the mechanics I spoke to? The one who told me the trunk is a aluminum is one I trust a lot, but I would be surprised if the trunk weren't made of steel.

Thanks much in advance!

Rob

#2 ·
There is paint under the spoiler. It's an accessory that's added on at the port of entry. It'll have to burn through the clear and through the paint in order to get to the metal which water can't do. You'll be fine. The water will dry up. Drive and enjoy the car. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.