BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hi I got an e30 325 and got spark petrol but won't start can anyone help

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Grahamd1970 
#1 ·
I'm in Luton if any one near

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#7 ·
Hi again mines a 1990 and took injectors out they clogged so cleaned them and connected to fuel rail but no spray I took a wire and earthed to body and it sprayed so took manifold of to get all cleaned up and put rail back as no way can do in car so there's no power going to the injectors I looked at Manuel and it says about relay 10 and 11 were are they do you no

#9 ·
Hi what's the dmc I saw a post from guy on there and seems that a censor that controls the injectors pulse not working

The Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) controls the spark, the fuel pump and the injector timing.

Seeing as you have spark and fuel then that sensor is working OK.

The one side of the injectors...Red/White wires...should have +12 volts on them when ignition is turned ON...this is connected to the injectors via C191 which sits under the throttle body and is known to give problems. The other side of the injectors, Brown/White and Brown/Yellow get turned to ground when the ECU decides that it is time to do so from the CPS pulses....these two grounds also go through this C191 connector.

I would suggest you check this C191 connector and measure the Red/White wires at the injectors with a meter to check you are getting a solid +12 volts there.:dunno:

#10 ·
Thanks il do that I took the injectors and cleaned them they were glogged don't no if that didn't help and I took inlet manifold of and clean it ready to put the rail and injectors back I did look just beside the ecu on drivers side there's a relay just beside it and a brown wire with a spade connector that's broken seems like it has some kind of resister or something in the middle

#11 ·
Thanks il do that I took the injectors and cleaned them they were glogged don't no if that didn't help and I took inlet manifold of and clean it ready to put the rail and injectors back I did look just beside the ecu on drivers side there's a relay just beside it and a brown wire with a spade connector that's broken seems like it has some kind of resister or something in the middle

As far as I know that relay and resistor are part of a cold idle problem "fix" from BMW but I thought those only happened on early 325s. Doubt this has anything to do with your problem, I think you should ask around on e30zone.net for some help!;)

#13 ·
Hi again one more thing got the injectors clean and manifold wire brushed clean and about to put back together and was checking ecu unit and a bolt that holds it up was missing so it was just holding itself up does that unit need to be earthed as in is it the main earth I should no when put together as arfter checking wires they seem ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.