BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Mod trouble :(

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  mpress 
#1 ·
ok well my boxes arrived today from bimmian and mod bargains...opened them to a set of beautiful black kidney grills, stunning black side light marker grills and smoked reflectors..

I have changed out front grills on all my x5s and my 3 series....

WTF is under the hood of the GT?? i cannot figure out how to even get to the front grills....none of the normal things to remove are there???anybody do this themselves and are ready to take me through it??

Then i went to remove the side grills... hmmm 2-3 tabs should be an easy removal..nuhuh....

started getting dark i gave up and unless someone chimes in with a ray of hope ill be calling my favorite body shop throwing him hopefully only an hour of labor charge and let him do it....

mp

#3 ·
got both the matte black grills and the matte black side markers from mod bargains...now i just need to find a correct link to how the heck to install them...
mp

#5 ·
hey mike

thanks for that link.. i actually discovered it late last night after frustratingly searching through god knows how many threads...

knocked it out in 20 minutes this morning before i left for work...

now i just need one for the side fender light trims...

best
mp

#6 ·
Finally got matte black grills and side markers in loving them on carbon black... Was foggy out this morning will post good pics this weekend..

Attachments

#11 ·
thanks guys... Im pleased... the matte black definitely give the GT a sportier look and a little less 7 series form the outside..

i'm not loving the chrome strip on the door handle and i really am not a fan of the big chrome strip across the back of the hatch.. very 7 series!!

with such a small network of GT owners out there our oem and third party options of trim mods are very limited...

we are in a class by ourselves...and theta comes with the good and the bad....

Quad exhaust and radar/laser are next week ....then ill be content... that and need to get past the 1200 mile break in period..

i keep hearing a little voice from the car saying come on lets go already....

and if i have to sit back and watch one more a$$hole on the west side highway in an X6, 5 series sedan, corvette, panemera....or any other challenger try and get me to run with them before i can really wind this thing out I'm gonna lose it..

better pics sunday after a good wash...

#20 ·
thanks guys... Im pleased... the matte black definitely give the GT a sportier look and a little less 7 series form the outside..

i'm not loving the chrome strip on the door handle and i really am not a fan of the big chrome strip across the back of the hatch.. very 7 series!!

with such a small network of GT owners out there our oem and third party options of trim mods are very limited...

we are in a class by ourselves...and theta comes with the good and the bad....

Quad exhaust and radar/laser are next week ....then ill be content... that and need to get past the 1200 mile break in period..

i keep hearing a little voice from the car saying come on lets go already....

and if i have to sit back and watch one more a$$hole on the west side highway in an X6, 5 series sedan, corvette, panemera....or any other challenger try and get me to run with them before i can really wind this thing out I'm gonna lose it..

better pics sunday after a good wash...
Don't forget the DINAN tune and there won't be much out there that can touch you! Ask me how I know ;)

#12 ·
1st bimmer..yes both the grills and the side markers were from mod bargains.. they were running a sale in january saves you like $20 I'm sure if you mention it they will do it for you..
like 180 plus shipping for all..

also have smoke reflector lenses to put on but those actually take longer then the grills and the since trim ( did both this morning in 20 minutes)

leaves a bit of reflection from the reflectors for safety but tones them way down.. those i got from bimmian...

now i just need to get the GT painted matte black.. no one has the GT badge pre made in black in BMW font....

has anyone seen it anywhere....
mp

#14 ·
Here u go starry some iPhone pics of the matte wood and a slightly better shot of the front grills

Attachments

#17 ·
Looks great! MP. I will move out of your way if I ever find you behind me! Mine was stuck in production begins for 15 days! It has been in product ends for the last 7 days. I hope I will get mine before the Easter holidays!!

#18 ·
I see all the mods made by various members which look great and am very tempted to do myself. Having leased my car for 36 months I find it difficult to justify adding something which I will give away shortly. I like changing my vehicle every 3 years for the newest version. What a dilemma. The only car I have kept beyond 3 years and have gone mod happy with is my 2003 Pcar.

#19 ·
mike28 i lease mine too... change everything every 3 years except my c4s and 365....i figure its part of the overall cost..

radar laser set ups i pull out each time and every so often update if technology warrants it...

#21 ·
car fan
how do you know???
Cars at my tech guys shop getting stealthed!

mp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.