BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

MY14 X3, Production starts April 2013

78K views 546 replies 74 participants last post by  CKelley3 
#1 ·
Just read the posting from "Ask a Dealer", production for the MY14 X3 will begin April 13th and run through March 2014. Timing is perfect for my timeline as we were planning delivery early to mid June for my wife's order. I will be curious to see what changes are going to be rolled into the start of production.

#4 ·
I am hoping that BMW will release details within the next 45 days as to what will be updated or available in the MY14 production run. I have read about the navigation update but the material is a bit dated.

#6 ·
Where do you see the option packages for MY14 (to see sat radio included with PP)?

#8 · (Edited)
I cut and pasted the packages below but Jon's full PDF is reposted here. X3 28 is on page 49. Will be interesting to see how new package details will affect pricing. The "Mobile Assistance Package" is strange to me.

Packages

ZCW Cold Weather Package
248 Heated Steering Wheel
494 Heated front seats
496 Heated rear seats
502 Retractable headlight washers

ZDA Driver Assistance Package
3AG Rear-view camera
or 3AH - Rear View Camera with Top
View
508 Park Distance Control
ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
5AD Lane Departure Warning
8TH Speed Limit Info

ZDH Dynamic Handling Package
223 Dynamic Damper Control
2VG Performance Control
2VL Variable sport steering
ZLP Lighting Package
522 Xenon headlights
524 Adaptive light control

ZMA Mobile Assistance Package
354 Titanium Silver Metallic
3AT Roof rails in Aluminum Satin
494 Heated front seats
4CG Silver Matte Trim
609 Navigation system
610 Head-up Display
655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
6AK BMW Online
6AM Advanced Real-Time Traffic
Information
6AP Remote Services
LUSW Black 'Nevada' Leather
Note: ZMA is only available for dealers
participating in the Mobile Assistance
program.

ZMP M Sport Package
225 Sport Suspension delete
or 223 - Dynamic Damper Control
2A8 19" M light alloy double spoke wheels -
style 369M with all-season run-flat tire
(style 369M)
2VG Performance Control
337 M Sport Package
3MC High-gloss Roof Rails
or 3AT - Roof rails in Aluminum Satin
481 Sport seats
715 Aerodynamic kit
760 Shadowline exterior trim
or 3MB - BMW Individual Satin Aluminum
Trim
775 Anthracite headliner
7XA M Sports leather steering wheel with
paddle shifters

ZPP Premium Package
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
402 Panoramic moonroof
488 Lumbar support
LU Nevada Leather

ZTP Technology Package
609 Navigation system
610 Head-up Display
6AK BMW Online
Information
6AP Remote Services
6NR BMW Apps
Options
3XL X-Line exterior trim package
402 Panoramic moonroof
417 Rear manual side window shades
494 Heated front seats
4AD Brushed Aluminum trim
4CH Fineline Wave Wood Trim
4DE Fineline Sienna wood trim
508 Park Distance Control
5AC Automatic high beams
609 Navigation system
677 Premium hi-fi system
6AN Concierge Services
6NS Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus
Smartphon intergration
Notes
223 requires ordering ZDH
609 cannot be ordered with ZTP
609 will add 6AK, 6AM, 6AP and 6NR to the order
6AN requires ordering ZTP
Color 416 requires ordering ZMP
ZDB requires ordering ZDA
ZMP requires ordering 300, 354, 416, 475, A52, A76 or

Attachments

#14 ·
I cut and pasted the packages below but Jon's full PDF is reposted here. X3 28 is on page 49. Will be interesting to see how new package details will affect pricing. The "Mobile Assistance Package" is strange to me.

Packages

ZMA Mobile Assistance Package
354 Titanium Silver Metallic
494 Heated front seats
4CG Silver Matte Trim
609 Navigation system
610 Head-up Display
6AK BMW Online
Information
6AP Remote Services
LUSW Black 'Nevada' Leather
Note: ZMA is only available for dealers
participating in the Mobile Assistance
program.
This is a package for dealers to order Mobile Assistance vehicles. They are the cars that dealer service departments can get to operate their own mobile roadside assistance car to provide roadside service in their market. If the dealer participates, BMW Roadside dispatches the dealer for certain breakdowns and service.

#10 ·
What looks new is 6NS. I googled it and from a 3 series price list 6NS says:

6NS Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity
* also includes:
-Separate SIM
-USB+Bluetooth (6NH functions)
-Snap-in adapter ready
-2nd mic for passenger
-Mobile office
-Bluetooth audio streaming
-Album cover art
-Two phones+one audio device paired

#11 ·
I'm glad I got MY '13 when I did (with the exception of possibly getting a better Nav in MY '14) because I wouldn't have been able to get the options I wanted the way they shuffled things around.

#12 ·
Based on the repacking of options, I will be curious to see how the pricing now aligns. I like some of the new bundling but holding off on my final opinion until all of the details are out including any tweaks to the exterior and interior.

#17 ·
Has anyone seen any 2014 X3 pricing? I'm trying to decide between the 2013 and 2014MYs.

#22 ·
I'm sure many would agree that price increase is worth it for this one alone: "Auto dimming exterior mirror" :mad:

#27 ·
I went to order a 2013 x3 yesterday. Had already worked out pricing and signed the agreement. The sales manager went to build it and found out he couldn't order anymore 2013 and I had to get a 2014. it is now $1150 more to get the same items i wanted and I had already worked out a price!:mad:

The top view is no longer included in the tech package. They kept the price the same but added the Head up display. If I want the top view you have to get the driver assistance package now.

They must have moved production up from April to March because my 2014 starts production in March and they expect it at the dealership in Mid april. Odd part is they dont even have pictures of the car to know exactly what it will look like. I know they were doing some fender updates, but I am getting the M sport package so it might make the updates a mute point.

#29 · (Edited)
I went to order a 2013 x3 yesterday. Had already worked out pricing and signed the agreement. The sales manager went to build it and found out he couldn't order anymore 2013 and I had to get a 2014. it is now $1150 more to get the same items i wanted and I had already worked out a price!:mad:

They must have moved production up from April to March because my 2014 starts production in March and they expect it at the dealership in Mid april. Odd part is they dont even have pictures of the car to know exactly what it will look like. I know they were doing some fender updates, but I am getting the M sport package so it might make the updates a mute point.
Uh oh. I am just gonna go to the dealership on this coming Tuesday to order the MY2013. I woud had gone there this weekend, but there is a family emergency and I couldn't. Let me call the CA tomorrow and ask him this ...if that is the case, then it is meant to be :rolleyes:

#31 ·
MY2014 pricing about the same or less than MY 2013 - for me

A week ago my '05 X3 3.0i was rear-ended by a driver traveling at 40-45 mph. My wife and I were uninjured (aside from the stiff muscles). Only 125K miles and still going strong. However, the damage to the suspension anmd other components was extensive and the insurnace company is declaring my faithful X3 a total loss. That car did everything from the track to mounatin passes and was a reliable companion. And in the end it protected my wife and I from harm.

So....
We are in the market for a new X3. We are considering used (2011 or later), 2013 new or 2014 new. I ran some numbers using the 2013 and 2014 price lists on this forum. I adjusted the 2013 base price to current.

For the sake of comparison shopping we are looking at the 35i model, though we may opt for the smaller 28i engine (which has more power and torque than our old '05).
  • I found that the 2014 was cheaper than the 2013 for the same options:
    Cold Weather (heated seats fore and aft, headlight spritzers, heated steering wheel)
    Comfort (keyless entry, moonroof, lumbar support)
    Tech (Nav, Real Time Traffic info, Park Sensors, Cameras (rear and top view)
  • I added the sun shades into the 2014 order to make it equal the content in the 2013 order.
  • I configured the Navigation System instead of the Tech Package in 2014 to get the heads-up display out of the order.
Make BMW
Model X3
Model Year 2014
Exterior Color A76 Deep Sea Blue
Interior Color LUBK Mojave

Base Price $44,700.00

Metallic Paint A76 $550.00
Cold Weather Pkg I ZCW $950.00
Driver Assistance Pkg ZDA+3AH $1,300.00
Premium Pkg ZPP $2,200.00
Navigation System 609 $2,000.00
Rear Manual side window shades 417 $250.00

Destination $ Handling $895.00
Total Adds $8,145.00

Subtotal before Taxes $52,845.00

Make BMW
Model X3
Model Year 2013
Exterior Color A76 Deep Sea Blue
Interior Color LUBK Mojave

Base Price $43,950.00

Metallic Paint A76 $550.00
Cold Weather Pkg I ZCW $700.00
Cold Weather Pkg II ZCX $450.00
Premium Pkg ZPP $2,950.00
Technology Pkg ZTP $3,200.00
Satellite Radio 655 $350.00

Destination $ Handling $895.00
Total Adds $9,095.00

Subtotal before Taxes $53,045.00

The only thing I am not sure about is the "enhanced Bluetooth and USB" (6NL in 2013 and 6NS in 2014). It is in the 2013 Tech Package. If that is not included in the 2014 Nav system, I will have to add it in for $500 and then that tips the costs $300 in favor of the 2013 model. But since I was not planning on ordering those sunshades, I could leave that off my real 2014 order and the 2013 would only be $100 cheaper.

Before my wife decided we had to have nav and cameras and such, the 2014 model was looking really good compared to the 2013. :)

As it is, there is not a big difference in pricing for what I am looking for. If it is within a couple of hundred bucks, I would opt for the newer model year at this point on the MY calendar.

This could all be moot. When I spoke with my sales guy yesterday he did not think they could order any more 2013's. He has a few on the lot and some more may roll in next month, but he thinks that new orders will be for 2014 cars.

He confirmed that 2013 MY ends 31 March and 2014 MY begins 1 April. No changes in body trim, wheel styles, colors, etc. Just VIN change :)

#32 · (Edited)
Not true. There are differences in standard features and the iDrive/Nav is substantially improved with the 14 X3. It would be silly to get 13 X3 at this time.

#33 ·
#34 ·
pharding & lbjgh: You have both mentioned updates to the nav system for the MY2014 X3 nav system. Do you have any specifics?

#39 ·
if the 2014 is the LCI version expect some deals, as new cabin tech and fascia=bargaining chips

#42 ·
Some interesting thoughts in this thread and all have helped me with my decision making.

I've decided to order the MY14 principally for the Nav system. I have read quite a few places how much better the Nav Pro is over the older version. My CA suggested that in 5-10 years (I keep my cars a reasonable amount of time) the difference between the cars worth won't be that much and I should go for a MY13, to which my response was, true but 5-10 years of a "working" Nav versus a "frustrating" Nav is worth it to me!

My calculations showed that to get the features I want it will cost more for the 2014, but if I compare the total features I get, there is little difference and maybe the 2014 is slightly cheaper.

#49 ·
I'm starting to look for an X3 in San Diego too. I think I would prefer to order a MY14 because I think my wife would like the new drivers assist packages. But $700 below invoice for a MY13 sounds nice too. Which dealer in San Diego is offering a MY13 X3 for $700 below invoice?

#46 ·
There seems to be several folks who already have orders in for the MY14s. I have heard of deliveries from mid April to mid May so far.

#54 ·
I placed an order for a basic 2014 X3 2 weeks ago for wifey with Josh Douglas at Elmhurst BMW. I got a great deal and great service on a painless transaction. I have a production slot for the first week in April. We will have the X3 in the third to fourth week of April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.