BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

San Diego BMW Resources

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BillKach 
#1 ·
The following list of business cards has been collected by me over the last week after driving around this beautiful city looking for quality providers of "services" on my BMW and Audi. All of them were highly recommended by people whom I trust, who know their trade very well. So Im passing them on to those of you who might be looking for "who" to do "what" in San Diego.

* Group 5 Motorsport - Highest Recommended of them all for BMW custom wheel installation, mods, and kit installation. Any change you want to do to your BMW, these guys seem to be considered the citywide experts. The owner must have fielded questions from me for a half hour personally, without acting rushed or irritated. Much appreciated.

* Detail Works - given to me as the "best" BMW detailer in San Diego. "Amazing" work, they said. Cost matches quality though - 6 series complete detail (the works) with highest quality indoor work will run you $285. Audi sized car - $235. He suggests once quarterly. Lesser details I assume available for cheaper.

* Dents Plus - Given to me for my Audi as the best place to get minor door dings fixed quickly and expertly.

* Velvet Touch - Focused on fixing scrapes, cuts, abrasions, etc to rims. Its apparently all they do, so they've earned the referrals from their industry colleagues.

* Tint Devil - The only one of these services I've used so far, and the only one I can vouch for personally. Guy did my Audi tint perfectly and it looks great 3 years later. I'll let you know how well the 650 tint goes (nervous, fingers crossed).

With that, you have 4 days of driving around and narrowing down the referrals from trustworthy people. Hopefully the services provided by them match the rave reviews they all got. Just passing this on to those who may do a search for San Diego service providers.

-N-

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought of you when I decided where to take pics of the 650 tomorrow. Remembered your post about the weather comparisons. Hopefully have some bright sunshiney settings to take advantage of. San Diego is a constant "post card" everywhere you go.

-N-

#4 ·
Nevervana said:
I thought of you when I decided where to take pics of the 650 tomorrow. Remembered your post about the weather comparisons. Hopefully have some bright sunshiney settings to take advantage of. San Diego is a constant "post card" everywhere you go.

-N-
Don't rub it in too much. :( I'm actually originally from the Cali area myself, I was born at Mather AFB in Sacramento many years ago, while my family all originally hails from the Bay Area. But it won't be too bad tomorrow here in the DC area, it's supposed to get up in the 60s. :D Time to give the car a good wash, before it rains again on Sat. night. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Definitely not rubbing it in. Hoping to spread the good vibes! I went to college in Virginia, and frothed at the mouth when friends in San Diego sent pictures in February. It was like a beacon of light just watching their home movies sometimes because all I saw out my window in VA was grey grey grey. Then I got to go home to Long Island on break, and see more dirt and brown and grey. Blah!

-N-

#6 ·
Nevervana said:
Definitely not rubbing it in. Hoping to spread the good vibes! I went to college in Virginia, and frothed at the mouth when friends in San Diego sent pictures in February. It was like a beacon of light just watching their home movies sometimes because all I saw out my window in VA was grey grey grey. Then I got to go home to Long Island on break, and see more dirt and brown and grey. Blah!

-N-
Trust me.......I lived in England for 6 years, and it doesn't get more "grey" than there. I do miss CA, but only head out there now to visit family.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info. I definately agree about Detail Works; the best in the county.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.