BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  duanalto 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a very clean 2007 550i w/sport package, NAV, and all the goodies, including 6spd manual transmission for sale.

71,xxx miles (on the lower end of 71k currently..and not my daily driver; in fact, I work from home..no commuting miles).:D

I LOVE THIS CAR..SAD TO SELL...BUT I JUST BOUGHT A NEW 4RUNNER WITH A BIG PAYMENT....ONLY SELLING SO I DON'T HAVE 2 PAYMENTS...NEEDED THE 4RUNNER TO HAUL MY JETSKI, KAYAK, SUP, SURF, ETC...YOU GET THE POINT.

Nothing wrong with this car...Its had a full warranty the entire time, and all maintenance performed on time (ok, so I didn't replace the damn cabin air filters lol), with BMW parts.

1. Currently have Authentic 19" BMW 172 M wheels with new (as of jan) Pirelli PZero Silver tires; love these tires!!
  2. In addition to the above wheels, I also have the factory 18" wheels and tires too; I'd say with about 50+ % tread life left
  3. MEISTERSHAFT EXHAUST.....yes you read that right...this is a really sweet set up and sounds REALLY REALLY great. A lot of heads turn when I drive by! $2000 for this add on (I actually still have the factory exhaust too)
  4. ACS - AC Schnitzer rear lip; not yet installed, but its painted and ready for installation. This is technically not authentic, but so close that no one will tell the difference. It fits really well....trust me, I bought 3 aftermarket knock offs before finding one that fit well, and this was the best!
  5. Black Matte grille (also have factory)

$27,000 firm as it sits (will sell for $24,500 without M wheels and Meistershaft exhaust)...as you can see, this is a great deal considering the cost I'm willing to part it out at.

My name is Duane...feel free to text or call me; not before 8am or after midnight Eastern though please.

757-four 50-842one (sorry for the confusing phone number...too many scammers trolling the site with software that can pick up phone numbers automatically)

Will consider parting out the wheels and exhaust:

• Meistershaft GT-SUS bought in Jan; $1500 (I'll try to add a vid / audio clip of exhaust today.)
  • BMW 172 M wheels with Pirelli PZero Silver tires: My price is $3000 (Tires alone were $1500 installed; rims are like $4000)
  • ---NOTE: you'll get a 5th tire too..but it doesn't have the white lettering; a week after I had the new ones installed, I had a wheel sensor go bad, and when the tire guy went to take it off, he punctured the original tire..they tried to replace it with a non white lettered one..I said no...and they bought a new 2nd tire for me...hence a 5th tire

NOTE: Shipping costs will be your responsibility...I will do anything I can to assist though

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2812498/550.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2812498/5502.JPG

...just got a GoPro...I'll try to add a vid / audio clip of exhaust today.

Here's the exhaust vid clip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2812498/GOPR0027.MP4

someone mentioned that other link isn't working...try this one instead https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9l0h24UOqH8eHVDMzAtM1ZrQTA/edit?usp=sharing

I hope you can see the pictures...if not, PM me your email address, and i'll send them, and more if you like.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A bit high on the price...I can see $20K-21K max considering the mileage and the fact that it's pre-LCI. Good luck with the sale, though. Its super clean!:thumbup:

#3 ·
Hey Jim, thanks for checking out my post. I will say that I don't think my price is too far off, especially considering all the extras they'd be getting. I think a price of $21k is actually low; 71k miles equates to about 10,000 miles a year, and won't climb too much considering I have 2 cars now and don't do any daily commuting.

I did my homework; what I found were prices for similarly equipped cars and found a low price of $13k...but had nearly 200k miles..the $40k price was a car that had only like 20k miles and i think it was a 2009...my car is really close to the average price...and I'd say mine is anything but average.

Highest Price: $40,950
Lowest Price: $13,500
Average Price: $23,878

The fact that its a PreLCI isn't really a big deal..mostly appearance related items, though I think some minor things under the hood..none that anyone would really notice though.

I have to be honest, I'm leaning more towards increasing the price over reducing it. I'm looking for that one person that just has to have this particular car. I can afford to keep it technically...I just don't want to adjust my current lifestyle/budget/savings, etc...just to have two cars. I'm sure you enjoy yours just as much as me, so I'd rather keep it and enjoy it over "giving" the car away if that's what it takes.

Is the new buyer getting a great deal (a steal)...no, probably not...but this car is somewhat rare considering its a true 6 spd manual trans with fairly low miles and some tasteful upgrades. even though this car isn't perfect, its really close...it is used after all :)

This 550 makes me smile every time I drive it; it has the grunt of a muscle car, the style and performance of German luxury, and sticks to the road in the corners better than any car I've ever driven! Can you tell I enjoy this car :) It's new owner will too!

Thanks again for the response.

oh..and I'm going to see if my gopro is charged up so I can post a vid/audio clip to show off the exhaust.

Duane

ps...I actually had other plans for my car, which I see you have on yours...love those side skirts and M5 front end.

#4 ·
I kinda have to agree with Jim here, i figure around 21k to 22k being its Pre-LCI and no warranty. If you had an 100k warranty i can see getting more for it. Any mods done to the car you really can expect to recover most of the expense. Parting it out will get you more. The difference between LCI and Pre-LCI is more than just the outside appearance the door handles, headlights and taillights are also different. You have a very nice car and its a 6 speed which is very hard to find, good luck with your sale.

#5 ·
KLR4LFE, not to sound like an ass, but I'd say door handle changes, headlights, and tail lights would actually still fall into the "appearance" category :)...I do actually have a 100k warranty..not sure its transferable though.

Pre LCI = $0 or very minimal cost difference IMO

Anyway...wishing I could make it to Bimmerfest this weekend!

By the way, I see you still have the white side marker lights...I recommend switching to smoke; the white ones discolor and look terrible after a while... Easy swap, and I think I paid like $35 for both.

Duane

#6 · (Edited)
KLR4LFE, not to sound like an ass, but I'd say door handle changes, headlights, and tail lights would actually still fall into the "appearance" category :)...I do actually have a 100k warranty..not sure its transferable though.

Pre LCI = $0 or very minimal cost difference IMO

Anyway...wishing I could make it to Bimmerfest this weekend!

By the way, I see you still have the white side marker lights...I recommend switching to smoke; the white ones discolor and look terrible after a while... Easy swap, and I think I paid like $35 for both.

Duane
The warranty should be transferable, is it a BMW dealer warranty or third party? The reason i talked about Pre-LCI compared to LCI is that when it comes to the 550i most people want the M-Sport look (discontinued) of the LCI model and it wasnt offered on the 535 until 2010. You also get a better selection of Angle Eyes to put on the car etc.. im not gonna list everything LOL.

I do plan on swapping out my side markers just not sure if i want the smoke or the F10 style markers.

You do have a great car and you have the M-Sport rims style 172 which changes the appearance of the car. Driving a 6MT is the best, i love mine also.

#7 ·
OP, It looks like a really clean car and you have some nice upgrades and in-demand options (Sport pkg, NAV, 19" wheels, 6MT). Remember, there's an ass for every seat! LOL

Good luck with the sale.

JP

#8 · (Edited)
Just posted a link to the exhaust video clip...enjoy! To note, I think that it sounds a little deeper than in the clip, but possibly just because I'm listening to it on my laptop...not the greatest speakers....still sounds great though!

and yes...you can kind of see the new 4 runner off to the left...that's why I'm selling the car.

for easy access...its also here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2812498/GOPR0027.MP4

that one might not be working... I uploaded it to my google account here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9l0h24UOqH8eHVDMzAtM1ZrQTA/edit?usp=sharing

#9 ·
Good luck with the sale; you have a very nice car there. Just curious: how much drone do you get with the aftermarket exhaust compared to the oem one? Most exhaust that sound great at idle or at wot drone badly at 1500-2000 rpm range.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#12 ·
Can you tell us a bit about the maintenance of the car? Did you follow the factory recommended schedule based on the condition based service or did you follow a more rigorous maintenance plan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.