BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Great Order Progress - So Far

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  BarrowJon 
#1 ·
Placed signed "order agreement" with dealer on 9/26 for Z4 3.5, scheduled for production on 9/29, launched into production 10/2, with build completion on 10/7, last evening our time. Week and a half from order placement to completed vehicle, not bad. Now anxious to see how long until delivery.

#4 ·
Seems the most timely and complete status is obtained by talking with "Customer Relations" using the 1-800 number. Owner's Circle still shows as being scheduled for production, while the automated reporting via 1-800 has just now caught up with current status "Awaiting Transport."

#5 ·
That is great! I live on the east coast in the states and ordered my 35i on 9/29 and all I have is a production number that states it is scheduled for production with no production date at this time. My salesman told me it would probably be a week in November, but he did not know which week yet. What gives?

#7 ·
Thanks, but I have been callling that very same number and the message that I get is that it is scheduled for production, but with no production date. The day after I ordered it on the 29th, my salesman called with the info that it would be in production some week in November and would call me when he knew the exact week. I was wondering how your car breezed right through and mine has such a long wait to just get into production.

#8 ·
More progress - I'm truly quite impressed:

- Dealer visit on Thursday, Sept. 24th, expressed interest in a purchase, emailed desired configuration back to salesman that evening
- Negogiated a deal with salesman via phone on Friday, Sept. 25th
- Provided signed sales order via email on Saturday, Sept 26th
- Order handed off to BMW on Monday, Sept. 28th
- Order slotted into production on Tuesday, Sept. 29th
- Order launched into production on Friday, Oct. 2nd
- Build completion on Wednesday, Oct. 7th
- Vehicle released to carrier for transport to port of exit today, Thursday, Oct. 8th

All of these process steps in just 2 weeks, WOW!

If rest of journey maitains this pace, could be behind the wheel before close of the month.

RoadstergalZ4 - Still suggest you talk directly with "Customer Relations" to have them look up status, not depend on the automatic status look up, hope you get better news.

#9 ·
Car arrived at the port today (last night our time), this is quite incredible, "order to port" in just 2 weeks, was not at all this fortunate in either of my previous two BMW orders. My timing must have been perfectly aligned with the "process stars" this time. Now let's see how it goes from here.

#10 ·
Continued excellent progress:

- After arriving at Bremerhaven Port on Oct 9th, it was loaded onto the Aegean Highway on Oct 15th, which left port end of same day
- ETA at Port Charleston is Oct 28th
- Due to arrive at South Carolina VPC on Oct 29th

This would one month and one day from order receipt by BMW to VPC arrival, awesome!

#11 ·
Please post your impressions about the car. I am on the fence about buying a Z4 or a Boxster.

#12 ·
Will do, see vessel with my car aboard is just now entering the port at Baltimore, which is two days late, so will be another few days before arriving at Port Charleston. Expect that I'm probably a week and a half away from taking delivery.

You might want to also look at Bimmerpost (http://www.bimmerpost.com/), as there are a number of postings here Z4 "owner impressions/comments."

Good luck in your "decision making process."

#14 ·
Took delivery on Thursday 11/5, put 500 miles on car over the weekend, Saturday through the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Sunday up to the Smoky Mountains. Weather good, so both days with top down, this car is every bit as much fun to drive as my previous 2005 M3, DCT is much smoother/faster than the old SMG, car should be an ongoing enjoyable experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.