BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Brand new Z4 35i with bad strut!

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  charliedominici 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Just took delivery of a brand new 2009 Z4 35i with ZSP (fresh off the VPC) last Saturday. The car registered a damper malfunction :cry:on the way home from the dealership. The service department has diagnose that the left front strut control valve for the variable suspension system does not respond to commands, and have ordered a new strut. They said that the earliest they can possibly complete the repair would be this Friday.

Are failures with the M-Adaptive Suspension common? Should I try to demand some compensation from BMW for depriving me of my "baby" for the first week of its life?

The sad part is that we've been having some sunny days in NoVa this week, probably some of the last "roadster" days of the year.

#4 ·
Update. They completed the strut replacement as promised, so I'm off to pick it up this afternoon. So it looks like, within Bimmerfest's pool of Z4 with the adaptive suspension, not many examples can be found with strut/valve failures. Here's to hoping that this is the last major repair for my Z4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.