BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2012 328 black modern, take over my remaining 19 month lease for only $275 a month

6K views 74 replies 21 participants last post by  jasper7821 
#1 · (Edited)
Car is in EXCELLENT condition

TAKE OVER MY LEASE AT ONLY $342 A MONTH, THAT'S A GREAT DEAL FOR A $47,000 LUXURY BMW IN EXCELLENT CONDITION

PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE AD AND IF YOUR INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL
714-264-7900 jasper7821@yahoo.com

I leased a new 2012 Sapphire Black 328i and looking for something else.
8 speed automatic transmission, twin turbocharged motor.
38mpg on the highway with cruise control set to 75
I used my Z4 at credit for the lease so I have zero monthly payments.

Here is the link to the high resolution photos
http://s795.photobucket.com/user/kendungey/library/2012 BMW 328

I have a credit of $10,775 and the lease expires 12/2014 and there's 12,500 miles left on the lease. More miles can be purchased at 16 cents a mile
I have 12k miles on the car.

SO BASICALLY IF YOU WANT TO TAKE OVER THE LEASE YOU WOULD NEED TO BUY ME OUT AT $6,500 AND YOU WOULD HAVE NO PAYMENTS FOR THE REMAINING 19 MONTHS.
IF YOU BREAK IT DOWN YOU'RE BASICALLY GETTING TO TAKE OVER THE LEASE OF MY CAR FOR $342 A MONTH.
MY PREPAY PAYMENTS WOULD AMOUNT TO $565 A MONTH LEASE PAYMENT WHICH IS THE GOING RATE FOR A $47,000 LUXURY BMW.
SO FOR $342 A MONTH YOU ARE GETTING AN UNHEARD OF DEAL THAT I DON'T BELIEVE YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE ELSE.

WE WOULD JUST NEED TO GO TO GET YOU APPROVED WITH BMW FINANCE AND YOU MUST HAVE GOOD CREDIT AND AND JUST TAKE OVER THE LEASE AND YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ANY PAYMENTS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE LEASE.
ALSO, ALL MAINTENANCE IS INCLUDED.

The payoff amount to own the car if you do not want to lease is $31,500.

The sticker price was $46,495 It has GPS, sunroof, parking sensors and 5 cameras
Options are $2,100 Modern line
$1,550 parking package
$3,600 premium package
$350 satellite radio

Please email if you have any interest. We can go to the BMW dealer and you can pay cash or get a loan and buy me out.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Driving a black car in Arizona is hell, or it feels that way. Around Seattle, we need heat so it would be perfect.

#7 ·
It's a awesome deal.
I originally was trying to get someone to take the lease at what my credit worked out to and that was $569 a month and no takers.

Then I tried to get $7,500 and still nothing.

I want the electric car so bad that I am wiling to settle for $6,500 which equals the $342 a month.

#10 · (Edited)
Ya ya I know. We have a brand new Xdrive X5 so we'll still have a BMW in the family.

I've ran all the numbers and I'll be saving money in the long run.
I have a 75 mile commute everyday and even with the awesome mileage I'm getting in the 328 the Ford is the better deal.
$300 a month including all fees for 36 month 12k miles a year and zero down for a $42k electric car is a good deal for me.

So call me crazy but I'm old now and my foot has never gone full throttle on the 328 or the Z4 which I got tons of **** for it.

My fiancé says I'm an old man now. I used to race motocross, shifter karts, class 13 buggy, and now I have a metal detector, ham radio, and bird feeder in the back yard and now wanting an electric car.

I also just sold my BMW F650GS too.
Plus i get bored easily and just want a different car now.

I'm amazed that so far no one has jumped on the offer to take my lease for such a low monthly payment.

#14 ·
It's a lease with full warranty/maintenance. Pull up the BMW records prior to agreeing. If it has a recurring problem don't take over, otherwise take over.

#18 · (Edited)
Thanks, I plan of buying more miles towards the end of the lease to make up for the overage.
Even at that the electric Focus will save me a bunch of money.
And I have the brand new X5 to drive around when I want the BMW experience.

And seems to be a fail deal, I think that's a understatement.
The cheapest I found on Swap a Lease was $400 and it didn't have all the options mine had.

And the Ford lease being so cheap at $300 zero down including fees makes it a easy decision to lease. Plus in 3 years battery technology will probably have the 2016 cars going a few hundred miles on a charge and I'd hate to have a 3yr old car that can only go 75 miles.

#22 · (Edited)
just over 1,000 miles and being conservative and calculate 30mpg would cost you maybe $125 in gas and one night in a hotel and food.
one way ticket maybe $100
So you could be it for $300.
But you'd be eating up $160 in mileage.

I work for Evergreen International Airlines and airfare is pretty cheap. But for the time and taking a weekend to do it you'd be better off doing it yourself.

auto transport shipping would probably cost $600-$800

#23 ·
I would keep the car and get Electric focus later, look how miserably electric cars are failing and companies filing for bankruptcy, the advertised milage are never achieved just ike in gas engines vehicles, electric cars are no different many people have filed law suit against many electric and hybrid car manufacturer. Hybrid and electrics are good for stop and go city commutes never good for highway driving as it will have over come high drag coefficient which reduces power and speed both.
the power is reduced considerably over time on electric cars, look at nissan leaf and chevy volt. If you have BMW i am sure you will hate a dumb down E vehicle. Fisker are different category high performance electric cars. Just my 2 cents.

#24 ·
I'm coming from the other direction, I had a hybrid for a little over a year and decided to lease an F30 this time around. Part of the reasoning is the gas mileage is very good on the F30 for the type of performance you get. I didn't have the plug-in Fusion but the Sonata. The best mpg I ever got on the Sonata was 42 on a drive up to Boston. I've gotten 35 mpg a trip down to DC. Not a bad trade off when the F30 is almost twice as fast as the hybrid. I'm not sure what fuzzy math Ford is using to calculate their mpgs because they claim it's 100 mpg.

From my calculations, 620 mile range, 20 miles on electric alone puts you at 600 miles in gas/hybrid mode. With a 14 gallon tank, we'll assume 620/14 = 44.29 mpg. So for your commute, 55 of those miles you'd be in hybrid mode (if you remember to plug it in every night). Another to consider, for some people like me, the CVT bothered me. I like to feel the car shift and a CVT is just a continuous gear like feel.

What you really need is a Tesla Model S. If you're already spending 40k+ on a Ford why not go the extra $10k for the Tesla and literally pay nothing for gas. :)

#30 ·
I fail to understand the logic in this decision as well. The loss the OP is willing to take far outweigh the gas saving, plus the uncertainty about the new EV, and diminished fun factor.

Unless there are other reasons, for example the boss is driving an EV, so a better chance for promotion.:)

#32 · (Edited)
I work for EverGREEN International Airlines but no one here has a EV so no promotion :(
I'm saving a little over $1,000 in license and reg in the next 19 months since mine is due next month and then another in 12 months. EV is only $15 a year in license and reg.
My insurance is $250 less per year with the electric
I have a $300 turn in fee, I'll more than likely have to buy new run flats when I turn the car in.
My gas will be about $3,500 in the next 19 months that are left on the lease and electricity will only be in the low hundreds since I can charge at work.

plus another $1,600 to buy another 10k miles since I'd be way over when I turn the car in. But that's kinda a wash since I'd have to buy more on the Focus anyways.

So the $4,500 I'm losing by offering my car for such a low lease price makes it really more financially beneficial to drive the Focus.

And like I said earlier, we have a brand new X5 so I'll still be putting a BMW around on the weekend.

So with all that said, that's how i justified it in my mind :)

I'm calculating saving about $5,200 over the next 19 months left on the lease. So with losing $4,500 I'm actually saving $700. And that's not including buying new run flats if I have to.
My argument to that is I'm total ADD and already bored of the BMW. Basically that's what it all comes down to, is I'm bored of the car.

#38 · (Edited)
I did some more calculations and it seems like getting rid of the 328 will be a huge savings.
See if this makes sense.
I'm basing this on driving 1,600 miles a month and the lease is for 19 more months and all the numbers are based on 19 months.

BMW cost over 19 months:
$1,100 for license and registration
$2,075 insurance
$1,000 tires (used with plenty of tread)
$3,500 gas
$2,800 overage on miles at 16 cents a mile
TOTAL $10,475

Ford Focus electric cost over 19 months:
$30 registration and insurance
$1,740 insurance
$500 electricity
$1,140 extra miles I'd need to purchase at 10 cents a mile if bought up front
$2,280 monthly payments ($300 out the door monthly payments for 36 month lease and less the $6,500 for selling the BMW
TOTAL COST $5,690

So that's a savings of $4,785 for getting the Focus.
I also think I'm being conservative on electricity since I can charge at work for free

#41 ·
I did some more calculations and it seems like getting rid of the 328 will be a huge savings.
See if this makes sense.
I'm basing this on driving 1,600 miles a month and the lease is for 19 more months and all the numbers are based on 19 months.

BMW cost over 19 months:
$1,100 for license and registration
$2,075 insurance
$1,000 tires (used with plenty of tread)
$3,500 gas
$2,800 overage on miles at 16 cents a mile
TOTAL $10,475

Ford Focus electric cost over 19 months:
$30 registration and insurance
$1,740 insurance
$500 electricity
$760 extra miles I'd need to purchase at 10 cents a mile if bought up front
$2,280 monthly payments ($300 out the door monthly payments for 36 month lease and less the $6,500 for selling the BMW
TOTAL COST $5,310

So that's a savings of $5,165 for getting the Focus.
I also think I'm being conservative on electricity since I can charge at work for free
Your math seems off a bit, and in different directions.

Seems like your state has a policy against driving decent cars, so they rape you on registration, you will achieve savings there.

Savings on insurance are given.

Tires: will you be needing a set of new tires to put on the ford at the end of the lease? You should add cost for that.

3,500 in gas vs $500 in electricity, don't know how you calculated this but make sure its correct. This is what is generating bulk of savings in your plan. Are you sure your company won't mind you charging your car at their expense? It's not like i plug in my iphone at the office to charge. It can be considered plain theft, unless of course hey don't mind.

Monthly payments for ford should be even smaller, since you are comparing 19month period but using 36 payments.

#46 ·
I guess I am a little confused as to why everyone is kibbitzing the OP's logic but nobody is jumping on the deal? I mean, if the OP wants to drive his car into the ocean because he wants fish for dinner, isn't it his business?

Why the inquisition on whether it makes sense?
A good samaritan would point him towards a fish store instead.

It just does not seem to make sense at first glance, so natually people are curious and trying to help

#64 · (Edited)
I think my numbers are now concrete and pretty accurate so over the 19 months I'll be saving almost $5k so I'm hoping that it now is making more sense to people that I sat down and did the math and listed it so you can see the actual savings.
I thought earlier you said saving of only $700, what changed the saving?

Of course you are driven by impulse, numbers should not matter that much.

#58 · (Edited)
The facts will not change his mind, if that what he wants than that how it will be, every one try to rationalize their decision, it might look odd to all of us but it will not make any difference to him, in all the numbers and fact presented in this thread one important thing is the desire factor, for op desire is more for EV than bmw, he has rationalized every negative of doing this deal to his desire (that is absolutely ok). In the end if he is happy that what counts. He has investigated about all the negatives of EV and is ok with it, it is well informed decision.

#59 ·
Never Never Never Buy BMW

I just returned my 2010 BMW 328i Convertible. There is not a single scratch on the Car. I drove just 7000 Miles, and most of the time its been sitting in the Garage. They send me bill of $1253. Stating Interior Damages, and Exterior Damages and Mechanical Problem.

This is the second BMW i bought, and asked my GF to buy too, I was gonna buy it again. but now i promise i will never buy BMW again, nor i will let anyone buy, where i can influence.
If there would be any issue on the car, i understand i should pay, but without a reason. its a full fraud.

Company is going down, they can't provide service. I think anything is better than BMW. I used to promote them, but now will de-promote them.

They are full of cheat, and i don't think, its fair to consumers. I spoke to some people, they stated, BMW is trying to meet their target revenue, thats why they are doing it.

#60 ·
I just returned my 2010 BMW 328i Convertible. There is not a single scratch on the Car. I drove just 7000 Miles, and most of the time its been sitting in the Garage. They send me bill of $1253. Stating Interior Damages, and Exterior Damages and Mechanical Problem.

This is the second BMW i bought, and asked my GF to buy too, I was gonna buy it again. but now i promise i will never buy BMW again, nor i will let anyone buy, where i can influence.
If there would be any issue on the car, i understand i should pay, but without a reason. its a full fraud.

Company is going down, they can't provide service. I think anything is better than BMW. I used to promote them, but now will de-promote them.

They are full of cheat, and i don't think, its fair to consumers. I spoke to some people, they stated, BMW is trying to meet their target revenue, thats why they are doing it.
seriously, that is right on topic

#62 ·
Re: 2012 328 black modern, take over my remaining 19 month lease for only $342 a mont

You should either move or repost this in the classifieds section of the forum. If you are a cca member you can post it online and in roundel.

Personally I don't think its that great of a deal. Buying the extra miles puts this at about 420 a month. No you can't get that right now but you can get close and you get to order your own car with what you want and drive it from 0 miles. However it could be good for a short commitment lease.

I also don't get the op choices but not my business. If I was going to go ev, its Tesla right now and that's not in the right price range yet.

Good luck moving this car.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer

#66 ·
I'm right there with you Jasper...sold my E39 M5 with 69k miles on it last Summer to buy a Chevy Volt - no regrets. i just eclipsed 10k miles and have used 40 gallons of gas...about 250mpg. The electric driving experience is COMPELLING! In all honesty, I would pick the Volt over the FFE. It is electric all the time, but once the charge runs out it uses the gas engine as a generator (unlike the Energi twins or other plug-in hybrids). It was not about "saving gas" for me, but that has undoubtedly been crazy nice. it all started with a test drive... http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?14090-Test-Drove-a-Volt-Today-BMW-M5-Owner&highlight=bmw

#67 · (Edited)
Ya, I looked at the Volt and also get GMS employee pricing BUT it still came out to $500 a month with zero down. Far more than the $300 out the door with zero down on the electric Focus.
I test drove the car to work and back today with the cruise control at 75 and A/C on and it was just over 100 degrees outside today.
The Focus made it there and back with enough miles left to spare that I had no range anxiety at all.

I lowered the price to $275 a month which is $5,225 and I have a few buyers already. I know I need my head examined because I'm getting rid of a $47k car to someone for only $275 a month but whatever. I want what I want and i want an electric car.
With all the savings I listed before if someone bought my car for $6,500 will still work out better for me even at the $5,225 price.

#71 ·
GM offered awesome lease deals on Volts last Summer (when I leased mine), and I have a feeling they will be doing so again soon. Now that Nissan has dropped the price of the (hideous) Leaf, Volt sales are suffering in comparison and inventory is suddenly bulging. Several guys on the Volt forum have a Leaf and a Volt. One guy routinely points out how unexpected events can suddenly present as range anxiety. Heck, my commute is 38 miles which I can do entirely on battery. However, recently we had some changes and for a couple of months both my wife and I were driving 80+ miles a day...a pure electric gets very dicey suddenly. The Volt is still the best of both worlds. The leases last year were sub $300 at one point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.