BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Broken plastic hose

976 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  robertobaggio20 
#1 ·
While examing the engine compartment today of my '93 525i, I noticed that a plastic hose, the one that is just to the center of the air filter, has a rather large hole in it. Obviously, you don't want holes in these things but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is something serious that needs to get fixed ASAP or can it wait til the end of the month?

#2 ·
These plastic hoses are cheap and it looks like you're talking about the alternator's cooling hose. Yes, please have that fixed you don't want to compromise your alternator's cooling. It would be best if you could post a picture of the cracked hose for us to make absolutely sure, it could be something else.

#4 ·
Yeah, its cheap and its no real biggie. But what you need to do.......is to make sure that your other hoses especially the coolant ones are in good shape. Those are not made of plastic, but its a very good habit to check every hose whenever any cracked hose is found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.