BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Congratulations Battle of the Bimmers winners!!

26K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Scany1980 
#1 ·
If anyone has any pics of these cars, PLEASE add to this thread in a follow-up!

I. Stock Class:

1. Chris Lee ***8226; Bright Red 318ti
2. Kim Wright ***8226; Maritsius Blue 325is
3. Greg Schultz E34 Alpina B10

II. Classics:

1. Paul Cain ***8226; 1973 Blue 2002 Bi-Turbo
2. Ron Perry ***8226; 1977 Sahara 530i
3. Chris Provo ***8226; Inka 1971 CSL

III. Modified:

1. Vic Taza ***8226; Imola Red E46 M3.
2. Jeff Nguyen ***8226; Steel Grey E46 M3
3. Aaron Jimenez ***8226; Black 330i

BEST OF SHOW:

George Lee ***8226; 2000 E46 323i

Best Team: Europrojektz

Furthest Travelled to Bimmerfest: Some guy from Norway... :)

Signing off for now ~ needing some time to get grounded. For me this was by far the best Bimmerfest ever. Met so many cool people it's gonna take me some time to integrate all of this. Friday night dinner with Will Turner and crew. Sipping Margaritas last night with Jim Conforti. Judging the Battle of the Bimmers with Ben Liaw. Some curmudgeons will say that Bimmerfest has become something different, and that they don't like what is has become. Yesterday we assembled what was arguably the most outstanding collection of BMW vehicles ever seen in one place in one time this side of the Atlantic. More important was all of the people who added their energy to create such an amazing vibe... To top it off, our vendors donated a fantastic array of prizes (wheels, tires, carbon fiber, ...) to our annual opportunity drawing, and the attendees purchased so many tickets. All in the name of charity to support a local non-profit. All I can say is that Bimmerfest has become exactly what I envisioned it would when I began planning the first one eight years ago, "Bringing the BMW Community Together".

Thank you all for coming.

Namaste.

--Jon Shafer

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are the winners of the Classic Division that I personally took while I was judging that particular group.

The judges of the other 2 divisions were extremely well-qualified. Ryan Castro of DPE judged the Modified division, and Ben Liaw of Rogue Engineering handled the stock class.

Attachments

#4 ·
You took the words right out of my mouth. Very nice car; just superbly done, but as far from Classic as a BMW can get. In addition to all the items borrowed from other BMWs, that car even has a number of Porsche parts in it.

#5 ·
The three judges deliberated quite some time. Paul Cain's car could easily have won best modified or best of show, but we felt the best place for it was the classic division, the mindset being when people think of a classic BMW what is the archetypal/prototypical image? A 2002, of course. Paul's was the most outstanding one of those. George Lee's 323i (for those who checked it out) was probably the most radical I've ever seen in 8 years of Bimmerfests, so he got best of show. Best modified division really belongs to the fire-breathing E46 M3s imo. Sorry if I upset anybody with my own judging - the primary reason why I usually delegate the responsibility. I knew that no matter what was decided, it'd get questioned. There were many other cars there such as CJ Viola's Reseda Green E21 that should have won a trophy. At least CJ is a good sport, and hopefully doesn't mind as his shelves at home are already loaded with several Battle of the Bimmers trophies.

#10 · (Edited)
Pauls car was beyond Modded for a 2002, it was extreme and awesome!!! The classics were all great. The 1, 2, 3 spots were very deserving. I had a blast and was glad I could attend. See ya at Rincon...look for me, I will have the 9'7 glow in the dark mettalic yellow board with the lawn chair and margarita machine on it!!!

#13 ·
Thanks again guys. I'm still in shock that I won 2nd place. I wasn't expecting anything and completely biffed any sort of a speech. "Party tonight!" :rofl: Oh well. Thanks Ben, Ryan and Jon for the hardwork. It is much appreciated. :thumbup:

#14 ·
Are there any posts floating around with more info on chris's Ti?

#15 · (Edited)
I wanna shoot myself for not staying till the end:mad: . It was a long day in the sun, but it only comes once a year. Shoulda, coulda, woulda....... Anyway, thanks to the Bimmerfest team for putting on a great show. This was my first time attending, after having read about it for the past several years while I was on the east coast. Honestly, I think I am more shocked than Kim about even getting mentioned, let alone 1st place. There were so many great cars that I figured I didn't have a chance. I know Kim has done a ton of stuff to her car. I figure no car there was totally stock, so I know at least Kim's car and my car are heavily modded...but using only genuine BMW parts......so that's stock I guess.

As for more stuff on the 330ti, it can be found on 318ti.org and on bimmerforums. My handle on every forum is clex2.

....or you can wait for it to show up in one of the BMW publications soon. I won't say which one right now:) .

#16 ·
Cheers dude i use ti.org (same user name as well!) i'll check it out later..cant view it at work as they've firewalled it as i used it too much!

#17 ·
First of all, and I know I have said it before, but thanks again to Jon for all of his dedication to making this the best Bimmerfest ever. This event just keeps getting better and we always get some of the best BMWs in the country and always a great variety of them.

Now on to the subject of Paul Cain's car and some interesting trivia that most probably don't know! This has to be a Bimmerfest first....Paul Cain, Chris Provo, and I are all the best of friends and spend a lot of time together, so we were all just tickled pink that none of us were out of the running in the classic division. I spent countless hours helping Paul with his project and applaud his success.

Now if Chris would have brought his perfect and multiple award winning Alpina 3.0csl to the show, it would have been even harder for the judges. We are all happy to be winners of this event and none of us have any animosity towards one another.

Stay tuned for next year as Paul and a few others that were present this year will be helping me to complete my next project that will make it's debut at Bimmerfest 2008!!! I promise you that it will turn some heads! As Jon knows, I don't bring middle of the road cars to the event!!

There were several other cars that could have won this division as well.

#23 ·
I personally wasn't aware of this until after the show, but the Best of Show car is currently the featured vehicle on the cover of this month's eurotuner magazine...

Great article, I just read it! Obvious why it beat out the others this year!!

:thumbup:

#31 ·
Excellent to see all these amazing cars! The winners definately amazing!

After attending the Bimmerfest 2007 I got several requests to write something about it to our BMW Car Club Norway magazine "Fahrfreude". I will certainly try to relay our great experience at Bimmerfest 2007.

And it was my friend Joar that walked away with the furthest travelled trophy. One amazing trophy (now resting in the garage at the embassy here in DC), since he couldn't fit it in his suitcase :) (check http://wwardho.blogspot.com for our trip to Santa Barbara)

Jon: It was very nice to meet your wife. Did u send her to see if we really was from Norway? :) hehe If so, that's what I would do too. Say hi and have fun in Norway when you go visit (let me know if I can help you with anything in that regards).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.