BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) roll call...

58K views 483 replies 50 participants last post by  BMW550AD 
#1 · (Edited)
I keep seeing some clean F10s rolling around the city, and I keep wondering if any of them are members here on Bimmerfest. If you live any where in or near the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, introduce yourself with whatever info you are comfortable with.

My name is Pradeep, and I live in the Valley Ranch/Las Colinas area (North Irving). I drive a Titanium Silver 2011 535i sport.

#191 ·
Welcome aboard nirvana, we're excited for ya!

#192 ·
Congrats Nirvana - I see you got a manual F10.. you like me :thumbup:

#200 ·
Well... we will see. Its sitting in the middle of a nor'eastern sooo...

But if the ship sinks, I am getting an M3.

#202 ·
Sounds like fun, have a good time.

I just got back from Poland. Awesome trip! Is the HH at sfuzzi still on?

#209 ·
Turn 9
Sat and Sun
Staying in round rock
Me and friends will probably do dinner sat night downtown

Now deep how do I get into Ferrari area,
Not exactly sure. My buddy said if you are able to be in that area where you can get access to the Ferrari Paddock, you can ask for him. My other friend sent me some pics and video of the track. It is amazing! Billy, the Ferrari tech, said this is truly one of the top tracks in North America.

#210 ·
Not exactly sure. My buddy said if you are able to be in that area where you can get access to the Ferrari Paddock, you can ask for him. My other friend sent me some pics and video of the track. It is amazing! Billy, the Ferrari tech, said this is truly one of the top tracks in North America.
We need to plan a group trip next year. If we reach out to BMW or BMWCCA we can try to wrangle some special access.

#204 ·
Ah, I so wish I could have made it to that Austin race!! My buddy works for Ferrari, and will be in the Ferrari Paddock by turn 13. His name is Billy, if anyone wants to get a foot in the door.

Today may be a bit difficult for me to make it to SFuzzi's; however, if you guys are going out there I will find a way to make it. Thanks for organizing this Chris. Sorry for my late response.

#205 ·
Today may be a bit difficult for me to make it to SFuzzi's; however, if you guys are going out there I will find a way to make it. Thanks for organizing this Chris. Sorry for my late response.
What he said... :thumbup:

#207 ·
I'm in for sometime next week.

#214 ·
Welcome Joe.

Not to worry on the coding, once I get mine delivered at PCD, i am going to head down to Houston and spend a little training time with Shawn Sheridan. Hopefully be able to help some folks out when I get back.

So you have a 550? We needed one in the group to show us what we are missing. :thumbup:

#217 ·
Welcome Joe, nice to have you join the group.

Nirvana, you mean to tell us that you drove your 24yrs old, 250k car from Dallas to DC? That is awesome. I would have been too afraid of the car breaking down on me to travel that far from home.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

#218 ·
No, I think he left his 89 in DC before he left and drives a VW until his new ride comes in. That right Nirvana?

#219 ·
miamiboy's got it exactly right - I did drive my old 535i halfway across the country when it was a bit younger (5 years ago - at 19 still wasn't a new car by any means), but these days it's not quite in shape for that. If I had a few days to fix all the little nagging mechanical issues, however, I'd have no problem making that drive - the M30 engine is rock solid and especially so because I rebuilt the top end myself a few years back. Also, the E34/E32 comfort seats are the most comfortable seats that I've had in any car - great for long journeys.

#221 · (Edited)
Howdy Cindy!

Miami-B, did you bring your baby home yet??

Ok, we should really try to get a quick get together before 2013. Let's do a F10 welcome for MiamiB's :).

Btw, anyone do any more mods to their F10?? RambleJ, did you get that exhaust?

I threw some spacers on the rear to get the wheels flush:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663170

#222 ·
I got back on Sat and it was a great experience. Will post some details later in the week when things calm down at work.

#223 ·
Hey fellas,

I'm about to join the BMW world again, after a short (3 month) gap. I did ED for my 2012 E92 M3 in October 2011, along with PCD re-delivery. After a year, I realized that car could not support my growing family so I pulled the trigger on a custom ordered ActiveHybrid 3 w/M-sport. Couldn't do ED this time around, two small kids now. But, I'm doing PCD on January 18th and looking forward to the experience again.

Keep an eye out for me... I might be the only ActiveHybrid 3 you see on the road, and most certainly the only Black Sapphire Metallic M-sport version!

#224 ·
I picked up my car on Thursday from Classic - unfortunately I am going to Maryland and won't get to see the car for two weeks from tomorrow. That said, the first 100 miles have been wonderful! The auto start-stop is a bit peculiar - almost feels like I'm kick-starting the car when I put the clutch in and the engine comes to life.

#225 ·
Nice to see a fellow fester with a "proper" gear box. :thumbup:

#226 ·
Sam, nice to have you back in the club again.

Miami and Nirvana, eager to hear your experiences.

Deep, I agree, we should get together for a drink sometime this week.

#232 · (Edited)
Yes
Haven't done it in a while, but top off my head

Turn signals on heads up display
Temperature and PSI on display
No need to accept navigation disclaimer
Doors windows all roll up and down mirrors fold in via remote
Doors unlock auto on power off
Passenger seat belt ding removed
DVD plays while moving

I have a few more to do, not major ones camera disclaimer etc

I'll be happy to share cabling or meet up one day

I'm not an IT superstar but I can read and follow directions

#234 ·
Yes, I also want to wish all my fellow dfw bmw brethren a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Oh look, the snow is as white as my AW 5er. :)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

#235 ·
Merry Christmas, good luck with that snow... I am in sunny Florida.

#236 ·
I didn't think I would need an Xi here in TX!
Granted I did take the car out yesterday to have a little fun :drive:.. Ofcourse safe and controlled fun.

**before anyone jumps down my throat. I am not new to driving in snow/ice conditions, I have been snowboarding for 17 years now and drive in this type of stuff frequently. And made sure to have my fun in secluded areas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.