BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rear Suspension Creaking

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bobby_southward 
#1 ·
I have an 01 330i and the rear suspension creaks if I go over uneven terrain. Almost like something is too tight. I have eibach lowering springs, could that be the cause? Suggestions please!

#3 ·
It has 89000 miles and the inspections have been done. I have no other info about the car. I just recently purchased the car and slowly have been repairing things that need to be repaired. Could not see any apparent sub frame damage. It appears to be the bushings on the rear suspension need to be replaced. They seem dry.

#4 ·
I had similar sound on my rear suspension, although running the standard shocks and springs, and with similar mileage i removed the rear shock's and found my drivers one (uk car so right hand side) was shot, other side wasn't much better. replaced both and car was fine. i think i paid about £70 approx $140 for the pair (again standard oem replacements) they are also suprisingly easy to replace i do however suggest purchasing the top rubber housing bush's if you do replace the rear shock's.
hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.