BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Afternoon Route recommendation: BMW Welt to Bad Reichenhall

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GerWil 
#1 ·
My delivery is in the late afternoon (3:40pm). I'm assuming I won't leave the Welt until around 4:40pm. Sunset is around 8:43 pm. I must check into the hotel by 9pm.

I've got a couple hours to make the drive comfortably.

Any suggestions?

#3 ·
You could head south of Munchen to Garmisch and get on the B2 East. At Klais head north on the B11 and you'll start on part of the Alpenstrasse. Follow that road through twisty mountain roads, past deep blue lakes and through green forests. The monastery at Benediktbeuren is pretty cool plus the monks have a beer cellar that draws a good crowd. The road then becomes the B472 toward Bad Tolz. We then switched to the B13 toward Tegernsee. Do a loop around the lake if you have time. After that get on B307 which is where the real driving fun starts. Very windy, scenic loops through the hills and mountains all the way to the famed Tatzelwurm. Eventually you'll reach the A93 Autobahn. You can either head north to the A8 which will get you to Bad Reichenhall or if you still have time go south instead and drive the B172 through Austria, then pick up B178 through Lofer and up into Germany via Ramsau and Berchtesgaden.

See my travel blog if you have time: http://tinyurl.com/7nbsf6c

#4 ·
We have same delivery day and also 3:40 delivery time. We will be driving to Innsbruck from the Welt, then to Northern Italy. On our return to Munich we will be spending a few days in Bad Reichenhall, visiting friends who live there. it is a nice town, and it looks like you will be passing through it.
The Berchtesgaden area is beautiful. Be sure to visit the Konigssee and if you have time it is worth seeing Hitler's retreat, named the Eagle's Nest. Here is a link to an interesting article by Rick Steves
http://www.ricksteves.com/news/tribune/berchtesgaden.htm
We may run into you at the delivery time video screen, where your name is posted and you meet the BMW rep.

#5 ·
It would be a pleasure to meet you. We're actually staying in Bad Reichenhall for 4 nights and plan on seeing eagles nest and konigssee on one of those days. I haven't updated my thread with the latest intinerary yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.