BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Just got my first 5 Series - I need Wheel recommendations.

9K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  kalyanverma 
#1 ·
Hello all, I just got my 2014 Callisto Grey Metallic 535I xDrive. I don't care for the wheels and want something different. Any recommendations, also getting window tint this weekend.

Anything to look out for with this car? I've owned 4 BMW's before and was a happy customer until my E70 X5.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Executive car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Executive car

See less See more
#2 ·
Forgestar F14's look good on an F10. They come in semi-concave, deep concave and super deep.

#4 ·
Hmm...thanks guys. I like this "Forgestar F14's", perhaps in a hyper black/darker color (Not black) but something darker.
My color "Callisto Grey Metallic" color is kinda hard to find in this F10. I think it's giving me issues with finding a wheel that fits.

BlakeH: Thanks for your suggestion as well. None of the OEM ones intrigues me except the M Sport Style 351. However, i think it won't look right unless i have the M Sport front bumper to go with the look.

#8 ·
Excellent color and nice looking 5er, enjoy!!
I have Callisto too. It's my favorite amazing BMW color.

2014 LCI 528 | Callisto Gray Metallic| Black Dakota Leather | Ash Wood Trim | Heated front seats l Drivers Assist | Adaptive LED | Premium | HUD l Delivered open carrier 1800+ miles l Gianelle Cuba 10 ball cut 20” staggered l Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 275 35-20 & 255 35-20 l Huper Optic Drei l Xpel Xtreme paint protection film @ full front, mirrors, trunk step | Weathertech trunk liner l Weathertech All Weather floor mats – winter use l Gloss black 528 emblem l Thule Aero blade 47”, Thule Podium, Thule 528 sprint road bike carrier(s) l Yakama Sky Box 18 Carbonite l Autosock 695 l USB thumb drive high res music files l 90 degree USB to 90 degree micro USB cable l Mothers California Gold l Meguiars Last Touch l Armor All Extreme Tire Shine l Duragloss 902 car wash an 99.8% hand washed l Hardwire dongle @ trunk battery for Pulsetech Xtreme charger.

4 retired long wheelbase BMW 7’s 1988, 1994, 1997, 2009 F02.
Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
Der Gemütlichkeit
OANS! ZWOA! DREI! G'SUFFA!

Attachments

#9 ·
Whats the diff between calisto gray and space gray?

#11 ·
When I was ordering mine it wasnt even a color option, is it not available on non Msport set ups? Is yours Msport? or you just have the Msport rims, your rear reflectors are lower like on non M cars.

#12 ·
I have no idea. I didn't buy mine 535 brand new. I bought it at 9k miles, 2014.
The only upgrades i've done so far is window tint and the M-Sport wheels i bought off a brand new 6-Series Gran Coupe. Only had 100 miles on it when I snagged them.

I didn't lower the car either. I think i'm gonna leave it like this. The only other upgrade i'll do is to change my front bumper to the M-Sport. (That may take me a few months to get there)

#13 · (Edited)
Images of Callisto, original file 5mb, Nikon 7100, Nikon 18-200 vr. No flash at full day light.

Description IMO, deep multi color, very elegant grey, some see green in low light, bright sun IMO best of the grey(s) BMW produces. Color came out 2014 to 2015 and, now appears to be off the 2016 order sheet.

I've had BMW's in silver, grey and white metallic. Callisto is my favorite overall.

BTW, images 2,3,4 looks like horizontal line in paint, it's reflection of the curb on opposite side of street, captured during photo shoot.

Attachments

#16 ·
A lot of chrome and the back end reminds me of a benz with normal rear lights... not sure I like it

#19 ·
#20 · (Edited)
LEXANI CSS 15 another favorite in 20" staggered, some photos on the web, current NIB, authorized wheel reseller with ebay price 1400.xx. Was my 2nd choice vs Gianelle i have installed. Image shown is black with satin flicks, looks new and fresh in this style, YRMV

BTW, as discovered prior, the image with wheels on white car are 22". I am sure 20s will look very fine also, same staggered config and offset as seen in my car photos. I chose the Gianelle over these Lexani because i received a stupid low priced deal, NIB $700 shipped. One wheel has a impossible to find (finger end of nail, 1/16") machined discoloration imperfection. if I didn't show you, you would never find it... So yeah! forget the comments and find what look you like, nothing more, enjoy!

Lexani CSS 15 is a newer modern style, zero lip design. Looks great rolling slow and highway speeds. I've had several wheels over the years and any wheel is pure fashion of your desire.

GL :D

black mustang with CSS 15, short live roll. Looks like the stang is fitted with 22s. 20s would look very nice on your 5er.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxEZ0DyXcAk

OEM vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bVBKWXabfI

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
Ferric ! those would look amazing!! Another favorite in my book..

OP, the cost of 19" tires are usually more costly than same width and profile vs 20".
Check tirerack.com, 20" tires generally cost less over 5yrs 2-3 sets, there are more inventory of 20 vs 19, lower cost to buy.
19 and 20" have same road feel, etc. I take 20" overall.

#23 ·
I have the same wheels as OP and am happy with them as 18" wheels were a must have for me because of concern of tire and wheel damage with 19" an d 20" wheels.
Large wheels. low profile tires, will also run harsher.

#24 · (Edited)
I will say where my 5er is driven, many of the roads are new (mostly less than 15 years old) and, very nice riding. With stock 2014 528 LCI suspension and, my after market tires and wheels as listed, the ride firmed up with a high quality feel, very planted in any turn at 35-85MPH, steering feels quick!, rain performance at 85MPH is outstanding, ambient temps above 36 degrees never a problem, the ride has never been anywhere harsh because IMO the stock LCI 528 suspension completments a lower profile, wider, ultra performance tire as Yokohama Advan SPORT AS. The YOKO Advan SPORT AS was released in 2014 as a newly update to the original Advan.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Sport+A/S

The ADVAN Sport A/S is Yokohama's Ultra High Performance All-Season tire developed for sports car, sporty coupe and luxury sedan drivers looking for year-round performance. Designed to offer smoother ride comfort for a more enjoyable drive, the ADVAN Sport A/S provides traction in dry, wet and wintry conditions, even light snow.

Featuring advanced polymers that keep the tread pliable in cold temperatures while extra silica provides superior wet and winter grip, Yokohama's advanced tread compound combines all-season handling with good wear. The compound is molded into an asymmetric tread pattern to blend responsive handling with all-season performance. Extra-large outboard shoulder blocks enhance dry cornering while 2-IN-1 intermediate blocks increase handling response and lateral stability. Circumferential grooves help evacuate water from under the tread to enhance wet grip. Circumferential Z-Grooves create large biting edges to enhance snow traction while inboard serpentine grooves increase snow-shearing force for winter traction.

The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon on top of a casing featuring an Optimized Sidewall Construction that extends the sidewall reinforcement higher up the sidewall to blend responsive handling and ride comfort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.