BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

upgrading software for nav on a 13

774 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KEC029 
#1 ·
hi all i have a 13 cpo just bought the service guy said the software in the nav unit there is an update,
just wanted to get feedback should i upgrade it for free and get the updates or leave it alone its working pretty well
if i do upgrade what changes will i see
if i upgrade that software does it also update mapping software as well

thanks in advance

#4 ·
My 13 535 CPO just had that update few weeks ago at the dealer
In my case after the update the iDrive started to show new text messages from my iPhone over bluetooth which didn't do before, but now I get no music art work display, no traffic information, no connected drive data, and the first screen on multimedia when I start the car is device selection (i.e.. USB, BT, Aux) I believe it used to automatically show my iPhone BT without selecting anything. Little annoying I have to select my phone every time I start the car. Other than these I haven't noticed any difference or imprevements.:dunno:
BMW genius is no help over the phone and I'm lazy to take it to the dealer, probably will do on next service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.