BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Any new x5M purchases?

8K views 46 replies 9 participants last post by  scotts10x5m 
#1 ·
Looking to buy with either an X5M or an X5 5.0 by year-end. There's an X5M on my dealers lot. What have you guys been paying for these recently?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Looking to buy with either an X5M or an X5 5.0 by year-end. There's an X5M on my dealers lot. What have you guys been paying for these recently?

Thanks!
I just bought one off the lot today that was optioned out exactly how I wanted it. With the promotions and various incentives, I was able to get it down to just about $90k.

Attachments

#4 ·
Looks great and sounds like you got a good deal. What trim did you get? I have Piano Black which looks nice, but I'm a bit worried about about how it will look with the inevitable scratches over time.

#8 ·
The X5M is getting to be popular around here. I drove up to Philly today and averaged 18-19mpgs. I also exercised her a bit and I'm liking it more and more.

Now to upload pics. If you are using a PC, then there's a Manage Attachments button below the text area. Click browse and pick your file location. If you are on a phone, there should be a camera icon and select upload from camera to take a pic or gallery for a pic already on your phone.

#10 ·
New one yesterday in SoCal - carbon black/black leather :thumbup:

#11 ·
Congrats! :thumbup:

I'm starting like carbon black more and more - one color by day and another color by night. :D

#15 · (Edited)
You guys are killing me with your AW X5Ms. I tried my best to land an AW X5M, but CB is proving to be an interesting alternative. I just got my wheels this evening and as you can see, I am embracing the darker colors. :D

Alloy wheel Tire Spoke Rim Wheel

#17 ·
You guys are killing me with your AW X5Ms. I tried my best to land an AW X5M, but CB is proving to be an interesting alternative. I just got my wheels this evening and ask you can see, I am embracing the darker colors. :D

View attachment 355699
Here in SoCal there were 25+ AW X5M's in stock but only 2 Carbon Black. I could have saved another $1K on AW but our 650 is white, the 750 is white, the Dodge truck is white, the plane is white, ...

#19 ·
You guys are killing me with your AW X5Ms. I tried my best to land an AW X5M, but CB is proving to be an interesting alternative. I just got my wheels this evening and as you can see, I am embracing the darker colors. :D

View attachment 355699
Tires on pergo flooring?! Haha, jk...or is that a lighter bamboo? Nice wheels btw lol

#21 ·
Hardwood flooring, which isn't that hard when you drop a wrench on it. :yikes: Mrs D asked me to roll the tires into the dining room if I wasn't going to mount them right away. Unfortunately for her, there's now a set of dirty 300Ms sitting in the same spot. :rofl:

#24 ·
Hardwood flooring, which isn't that hard when you drop a wrench on it. :yikes: Mrs D asked me to roll the tires into the dining room if I wasn't going to mount them right away. Unfortunately for her, there's now a set of dirty 300Ms sitting in the same spot. :rofl:
Lucky you. There is no way my wife would allow wheels of any kind in the house.

#39 ·
I bought mine 2 weeks ago for about 55% of sticker. . . It's a 2010. :) I needed to replace my Titan tow vehicle with something more fun and practical. After 30 or so cars over 20 years, this is my first BMW. I test drove P-car GTS, Turbo, and Turbo S, but was sold on the X5M after seeing it and driving it. Plus, the comparable P-cars were $10-20k more expensive. I still have a few Nissan Z cars in the garage, but plan to take the M to Sonoma Raceway for Wednesday night (bracket) drags. Though not nearly as fast as my Z, the M is much easier to drive, especially in bracket racing! DieWolfe, are you game to surprise people some Wednesday night?

Cheers

#41 ·
Let's keep chatting about it. One of these Wednesdays can work.

I am actually towing my Z with the M to Laguna on 3/2 with TrackMasters, and plan to take the M out for a session or two. I was going to go 2/18, but just decided to punt until 3/2. I'll be at Sears/Sonoma this weekend with the Z as well.

#45 · (Edited)
Nice ... Funny you guys are talking about track days.

Before I took delivery (waiting game after order) of my X6M I did some research into this and found a company down here that runs car track days. I used to club race motorcycles but have never had a car on the track, except a few laps at BMW Performance Center handling course, which was just a taste and not a full size track anyway. Still fun as hell, though!

Anyway turns out a guy in my office complex does these track days that I found in my research. So I am looking to take the X6M to Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR) likely sometime in March.

We should start an X5M/X6M track day photos and videos thread when the time is ripe! Nice to see I am not the only one here with this idea, although YouTube video search will show quite a few people have had this idea :D

Anyone down in South Florida that's interested, let me know!

#46 ·
Nice ... Funny you guys are talking about track days.

Before I took delivery (waiting game after order) of my X6M I did some research into this and found a company down here that runs car track days. I used to club race motorcycles but have never had a car on the track, except a few laps at BMW Performance Center handling course, which was just a taste and not a full size track anyway. Still fun as hell, though!

Anyway turns out a guy in my office complex does these track days that I found in my research. So I am looking to take the X6M to Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR) likely sometime in March.

We should start an X5M/X6M track day photos and videos thread when the time is ripe! Nice to see I am not the only one here with this idea, although YouTube video search will show quite a few people have had this idea :D

Anyone down in South Florida that's interested, let me know!
Hell yeah, great idea! Maybe I'll be the first to start the thread with scotts10x5m!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.