BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Couple of pics of the rides. BMW 745Li & Porsche 911 Carrera.

8K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  Tarek307 
#1 ·
Is it me or does BMW & Porsche go hand in hand...figured i'd post up some pics. I'm definitly a car enthusiast & ENJOY the thrill of Driving, in my opinion german engineering is the best, the Porsche 911 is so nimble, controlled, and fun, while the BMW 7-series has that Heavy BMW feel yet is sporty, great response & of course very comfortable. I'm a fan of modding my cars in a classy, tasteful subtle way...nothing over the top!

2002 911 Carrera. Mods include:
Turbo OEM bumper, Eibach Coil overs, 19" Marion MR3 Wheels, (Matte & Gloss) , K&N cold air intake, Fister D Exhaust PSE hack, LED Tail Lights, Black Exhaust tips, Custom Steering Wheel, Custom Navi,

========================================================================
2004 745Li LOVE THIS CAR! Big car that feels like you can whip it around like a coupe! Mods include
ACS Front Lip- 22" Status Knight wheels (Black/Silver) H&R Springs- Umnitza Angel Eyes- 15mm Rear spacers-

See less See more
#2 ·
Shoghl fala7een. Izaher inak gay min wara el gamoosa.

#7 · (Edited)
Its an amazing vehicle, and you can get them pretty cheap rite now, the 996 model is great for the Money, check out 2002-2004 more HP & facelift

Both look awsome dude. I like the subtle mods. Don't want to blacken the roof on the 7?
No, not into the roof blacking thing. i'm 34 a little too old for that hehe...

Shoghl fala7een. Izaher inak gay min wara el gamoosa.
Hey D-Bag, we all know your the JOKE of this forum...so if your gonna talk S H I T on this forum, type in English, before i start translating all the BS you talk specially the racial **** you PMd to all the members... i thought i put your low life on ignore but guess not!

#4 ·
Looks great bro!! porsche looks amazing!!

#10 ·
Could you tell me what year the 996 turbo is Tarek?

Thanks
This is the 2002-2004 Also that is a turbo but has the GT front bumper on it..

#12 ·
ANYTIME!! This car actually looks familiar, looks like 6speedonline members ride

#17 ·
I love your Porsche. The only car I would buy in silver. How bad are they on maintenance? I wonder how much they would cost.
Ive had the car for over a year and a half, already put almost 30k on her, bought it with 37k now have 62k. One of the MOST RELIABLE cars out there..just maintanance, such as oil change $70..really tires have been the worst, because i have such an aggressive off set- $500 for rear tires each.

These cars are bullet proof, their Achilles heal though is something called the IMS (intermediate shaft bearing) speciallyt he 1999-2001 models..but still all the way till 2007 they are effected. Its a bearing under the engine & to get to it have to remove tons of stuff, gets dry and cracks, once it breaks (NO WARNING-YOUR ENGINE IS DONE )

I've heard the issue effect 2% of the cars maybe..but of course online its blown out of proportion, a company called LN Engineering made a replacement, and while i was getting a new clutch put in i had this done for peace of mind added about $800 to the clutch job, so total $2400 with the new clutch, would cost same if you did it alone...best time to do is when you are doing the clutch, cuz then the bearing is exposed so save on labour.

#25 ·
Thanks Boing, you talked me into getting the ACS lip quick ;)

What car do u like more?
They are so different, but i'll admit since getting the 7 i've driven the Porsche much less, it sometimes feels like an effort to drive the Porsche lol...Both satisfy my driving pleasures though i will tell you that!

Thanks, great info, this Intermediate Shaft Bearing, does it only come into play for a manual or the tiptronics too.
IMS is in all 996 non turbos.

Nice Whips!!
Thanks Bro!

Nice car tarek. Very nice
GO F UR SELF! ps to mods: F could mean anything!

#21 ·
Nice car tarek. Very nice

#28 ·
can u post up some more info on that navi bro?? you left the factory stereo in place?? Looks awesome btw.:thumbup:

#29 ·
Yes left the Factory stereo in place, i dont like after market Alpines and double din navis, and all that BS, Porsche needs to have the Porsche OEM + its a Bose and sounds great.. here is the write up kinda DIY i did on it on 6speedonline

So a couple of weeks ago i wrote a post regarding installing a tablet PC or some kind of gadget in the part where the lower cubbys go.

I didn't want to get an aftermarket Double Din unit, because i love my Stock Bose & didn't wanna deal with the headaches & Price of Double din.

To update the look of the car i went with a GPS Unit-
7" Magellan 9055LM RoadMate. One of the Few 7" GPS out there $299 has bluetooth & all that, (They also make cheaper ones 7" but less features) I went with 7" because it "Almost fit in there" + the smaller 5" ones would have had to have a panel built around them & there would have been too much "Plastic" empty space!

Removed both bottom cubby things, the unit was a bit too WIDE, it would fit in there but would POP out the right mid-council panel + its short so there was empty space on bottom.

Found a pretty smart car guy that works at Best Buy, he peeled the vinyl back a bit from the right panel of the car & trimmed the plastic a bit & put the vinly back on, then he made a piece of plastic to cover the bottom area- Also made an outlet BEHIND the council, that works with the radio so the GPS turns on & off with the ignition & you can't see the big ugly plug that originally would go in the cigarette lighter to charge the GPS.

Overall looks GREAT & Now perfect fit, no one can tell its not stock + I can just pull it out with a small tug & put it in another car if i want, At night the units colors are BlackBackground & ORange + Yellow for roads so its perfect withe interior of the car.. What i want now is to get small PORSCHE Script stickers & cover where it says magellan ;)

Took a few night & Day pics!

#30 ·
very cool, I actually recently added a dd alpine navi to my vette, I had to have the dash piece custom done and move the controls for the heat to make it work.

#31 ·
Ya man I didn't want to change anything, this gives it a real clean oem look. Looks like it belongs there lol.

#32 ·
yup, good work..

#39 ·
I can't wait for this day to come :rofl:

#36 ·
I was thinking of getting the all grill & losing the chrome on the front, but its an LI so also has the 2 long chrome strips on the roof not just around the windows..so not sure which direction to go..if i remove the strips from the front & get black grill i think i'm gonna have to do shadowline black on all the chrome..

#37 ·
WOW! That Porsche is looking BEAUTIFUL man :D I'm loving your taste in cars.

Now get up a picture with both of them together!

#38 ·
Oh and what kind of performance gains did you see in the 911 after you added the intake and exhaust? :D

#40 ·
Intake and Exhaust are "Sound Gains" the car may feel a bit quicker, they say the intake adds 20HP but i doubt thats true, no way only $300 will add that kind of HP. The exhaust sounds great though combined with the intake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.