BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CBS clock reads 6000 after 1-yr service?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Zooks527 
#1 ·
Just picked up my 2012 335i from its first scheduled maintenance visit with 11k on the clock. I've had the car for 14 months. Is it normal for the condition-based service clock to be set at 6000 miles for the next scheduled maintenance visit? Seems short. I'm guessing it will take me 7, maybe 8 months to cover this 6000 miles. That would put my second once-a-year visit about 21-22 months into ownership. I suppose they'll do the second service when it needs to be done and not make me wait a whole year?

TIA!

#2 ·
If your recent service was for the 1-year time-based oil change instead of a CBS oil change, yes, you'll get another oil change when the CBS system calls for it, even if it's just a few months along.

#3 ·
Look at your service info section. It might be for brake pads, brake fluid or another wear item other than oil. I had the same thing after an oil change and it indicated my rear pads are due for a change in 6K

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#4 ·
Looking again, I'll bet it is for a brake fluid flush based on your length of service description.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#5 ·
Remember...BMW wants you to have an oil change at least once per year regardless of what your condition based service indicates. My dealer "bugged" me for the one year service and I went back again...not too many thousands of miles later for ANOTHER oil change. Go figure. There might be a microfilter change involved...ask about it.

Hint: For this inconvenience, bring along a paper bag and abscond with the dealer's donuts.

#8 ·
Stopped clock ....
Blind squirrel ...
etc.

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.