BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Coding

23K views 134 replies 19 participants last post by  KingSilverback 
#1 ·
Hey I'm in the Richmond Virginia area. Any body want / can link up with me to so some coding for me ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

#106 ·
Big props to Cn555ic, thanks bro for helping with coding this afternoon. I appreciate it very much.

On another note, we were trying to disable the DRLs and the legal
disclaimer and couldn't. Kinda weird bc it worked on my car.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Absolutely....big thanks to Cn555ic and big thanks to First_745Li for setting this all up. You guys are awesome! The damn DRL's are a pain in my ass lol!

#113 ·
I'm sure, it's the original MMI. Let me look thru my notes later. There was another member that had helped with this as well.
Okay, I refreshed my memory this morning and think I might know what's going on.

In facelift models, you can modify the TOUT_LEGALDISCLAIMER code, but you have to change the values for wert_01 or wert_02. Wert_01 is 00, which means the disclaimer is displayed until you click the button. Wert_02 is 64, which is, i think, 10 seconds (hex 64 = decimal 100, value is in 10th of second). You have to change one value (or add a new wert_03) to 01, which will display the disclaimer for .1 seconds at startup.

For all models, I believe, you can change the FAHRZEUGTYP_MMI from us_ll to ece_ll. This makes the MMI think it's in Europe where the disclaimer is not displayed at all. However, I'm told that this will cause the MPG display to be inaccurate (due to a difference in the gallon measurement) and, if you have a DVD player, you won't be able to play NTSC DVD's. There are probably some other changes, too.

Can you check these two codes to see how your car is configured?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.