BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Coding

23K views 134 replies 19 participants last post by  KingSilverback 
#1 ·
Hey I'm in the Richmond Virginia area. Any body want / can link up with me to so some coding for me ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

#3 ·
CCCP,
I bought the software and cables..installed the software and thought I was ready to take a shot at coding.... I stopped when this didn't seem right... Although the plug looked like it may fit, what am I missing? The plug doesn't look like it's the right one... or is it?

Attachments

#4 ·
#12 · (Edited)
I did the following coding tonight..after the auto lock feature..

CAS
VER_AUT_X_MIN_SENDER_1 - Auto lock after 2min if door not open
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB - Comfort closing with remote - windows, sunroof, or convertible

HKL
FUNKTION_TOEHKI - Close trunk with switch on dash
KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN_HKL - Close truck with fob by holding the lock button (5-8secs)

WIM
STANDRUECKSCHALTUNG - Wipers return to interval when car is stopped

I'm looking for help with the following, help appreciated

1. Welcome lights - when I hit the unlock button on the fob the park light and angel eyes illuminate for a couple if minutes.
2. Engine Oil level - OELSTAND - which module would this be located?
3. Disable Legal Disclaimer - I found a lot of posts regssrding this... but I couldn't find the one place (module) to edit

Also, for the Sunroof module (SHD) - I got an error, missing file... blah blah - I should have taken a screenshot... I'll run it again another day and get the error.

#23 ·
I did the following coding tonight..after the auto lock feature..

CAS
VER_AUT_X_MIN_SENDER_1 - Auto lock after 2min if door not open
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB - Comfort closing with remote - windows, sunroof, or convertible

HKL
FUNKTION_TOEHKI - Close trunk with switch on dash
KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN_HKL - Close truck with fob by holding the lock button (5-8secs)

WIM
STANDRUECKSCHALTUNG - Wipers return to interval when car is stopped

I'm looking for help with the following, help appreciated

1. Welcome lights - when I hit the unlock button on the fob the park light and angel eyes illuminate for a couple if minutes.
2. Engine Oil level - OELSTAND - which module would this be located?
3. Disable Legal Disclaimer - I found a lot of posts regssrding this... but I couldn't find the one place (module) to edit

Also, for the Sunroof module (SHD) - I got an error, missing file... blah blah - I should have taken a screenshot... I'll run it again another day and get the error.
Legal disclaimer coding is in the MMI, oil level is also in the MMI, although with a pre-facelift the oil level data is not broadcast on the K-CAN so it will continually say 'updating' there is a way around it but its not simple coding!

Stuart

#13 ·
For the welcome lights or Follow me home lighting..

HEIMLEUCHTEN_NSW >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - FOG LIGHTS - FRONT
HEIMLEUCHTEN_SL >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - PARKING LIGHTS
HEIMLEUCHTEN_RL >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - TAIL LIGHTS

I dont know what I'm doing wrong, when I try to read the ECU (under the expertmode profile) LMA I get the following error
I believe it was the same error for the sunroof Module (SHD).

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
For the Follow me home lighting..

HEIMLEUCHTEN_NSW >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - FOG LIGHTS - FRONT
HEIMLEUCHTEN_SL >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - PARKING LIGHTS
HEIMLEUCHTEN_RL >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - TAIL LIGHTS

After I updated the DATEN files I was able to read the ECU but couldnt find the above entries for Follow Me home lights

SHD
REGENSCHLIESSEN >CLOSE SUNROOF WITH AUTOMATIC RAIN SENSOR (RL) WIPER OPERATION

REGENSCHLIESSENTILT >CLOSE TILTED SUNROOF WITH AUTOMATIC RAIN SENSOR (RL) WIPER OPERATION

When reading the ECU for the SHD module I get the following error even after the updated DATEN files for the E65. These are the last two codes I would like to have, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Btw, I posted for help on bmwcoding.com and in no time I got private messages to help, at a cost of $100. I don't know that I want these enable that badly. I'd rather purchase another accessory instead. :D

Attachments

#14 ·
Damn!...I cant even get my software to install properly on my comp. My cable came with 3 disks, not sure if I should be using someone else.

#25 ·
No worries, I'm afraid I don't have a sunroof so I don't know. Good luck with the rest of your coding though!

Stuart

#35 ·
Thanks for the info and mini-guide for coding changes! Somehow I overlooked the LM2 modules listed for E65. I will be doing this upgrade. For others reading this thread, see attachment for valid coding indexes.

Attachments

#36 ·
No worries! Once you have it coded and working you can just play around with the settings.

Interestingly NCS expects to see an LMA when you go to read/code it, but then automatically changes to the LM2, it does not do this for the MMI, if you fit a facelift one for example. So you don't have to dummy change your production year in NCS to code it.

Stuart

#50 · (Edited)
INPA, NCSexpert is all that you would need...Plus the Dcan cable and a laptop running Windows 7 preferably 32bits...

We are going to try Video in Motion on First 745 LI tomorrow....I got it to work on a 2007 and 2008...I just read it works for 2003-2008 so we will see tomorrow....Video in motion for this application does not require any added modules or adapters to make it work...Its simple coding and edited Spdaten files which a Coding block had to be added to MMI module scripts to make it functional..

#54 · (Edited)
Hmm its complete opposite with NCSexpert...Coding VIM is hard but coding the other stuff is really easy! lol Where can I obtain a copy of this Dash Soft program? Also will the regular dcan cable work with it? So with Dash soft what other features beside VIM can be used to code with it?

#55 ·
Here you go Ayman

This is the same link i used
http://www.ecutool.com/BMW-DASH-Inte...J8zsWgQPCCBA#6

Click on software,
Download 2.1
its a rar. file
i had to download winrar(download.com its free) for it to install.
This is the one with MMi on it.

Like i said i coded mine this weekend. I added tv aux and dvd in motion. All on the front MMI.

No one would tell me that it comes with 2.0 but you ll need 2.1 to do the coding ACEFX does.
Once i figure that part out and downloaded the winrar. I hooked it to the car and everything registered just fine.
You can do its actually pretty easy.
I ll add some pics a lil later

Now i want to see if there is anyway to find the bluetooth pk number with dashsoft.

http://www.ecutool.com/BMW-DASH-Inte...J8zsWgQPCCBA#6

Here a copy of the post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.