BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

"Typical" F10 on the Road - Part 1

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Imothph 
#1 · (Edited)
I was curious what F10's looked like on the road today and was thinking of doing a five part poll. How your BMW is owned, what model you have, M sport or non M, interior and exterior color. I think these basic five questions would give a general idea of what cars our out on the road as far as Bmmerfest owners go. Any thoughts or suggestions?

#5 ·
You're absolutely right and I realized that when I thought about the poll. It's why I worded my first post in this thread the way I did.:thumbup: I had a few preconceived ideas on how the poll would turn out and what combinations would be the most popular: owned, 535, non M sport, Graphite, oyster and black dakato with anthracite trim was my guess. I'll let the poll run another day and then post a summary.

#6 ·
I was curious what F10's looked like on the road today and was thinking of doing a five part poll. How your BMW is owned, what model you have, M sport or non M, interior and exterior color. I think these basic five questions would give a general idea of what cars our out on the road as far as Bmmerfest owners go. Any thoughts or suggestions?
One key question: Which transmission? Choices would be manual, automatic, I didn't have a choice (xDrive, 528i).

#7 ·
Thank you all who responded to the "typical" F10 on the road poll questions. And with apologies to our F10 bretheren not located in the Centre of the World ;) (as one poster so eloquently put it) the poll did exclude certain body styles not available in the US. I did not intend on being narrow minded but those are cars I just won't see anytime soon.

So in general the majority of F10's are owned and not leased. The poll had 61 responses with 40 (66%) owning, 17 (28%) leased and 4 on order or plan to soon.

As far as body style goes 52% (42 of 81 responses) of the cars are 535's with 19 of those being xDrive. Surprisingly to me, only 12 of the 81 responders (15%) drove a 528 with the balance driving 550's (of those almost an even split betwee RWD and xDrive).

Non M Sport cars dominate with 50 of the 77 responders (65%) not being M Sport. No surprises there as you can almost build the M Sport through the options.

The most popular color by far is Dark Graphite (28% - not a majority but still the most popular) with Alpine White a distant second (13%) and Space Grey a close third (12%). 116 people responded to this question and as one person mentioned, whoever does have that Tasman Green car I'd like to see pictures and hear how you like the color!

For the two part interior question, 74 responded to the seating portion but only 42 answered the trim question. Guess I should have made that two seperate questions. The most popular interior appears to be Black Dakota Leather with 35% of the vote and the trim is Anthracite at 31%.

So the next F10 I see driving down the road should be a non M Sport, non xDrive 535 in Dark Graphite in Black Dakota with Anthracite trim. Oh, and it's owned and not leased. I wonder if anyone actually has that exact set up?

Anyway, thank you all for indulging me with this poll. The responses were pretty much what I was guessing except for the interior color but the details (at least to me) were still very interesting.

#8 ·
Thank you all who responded to the "typical" F10 on the road poll questions. And with apologies to our F10 bretheren not located in the Centre of the World ;) (as one poster so eloquently put it) the poll did exclude certain body styles not available in the US. I did not intend on being narrow minded but those are cars I just won't see anytime soon.

So in general the majority of F10's are owned and not leased. The poll had 61 responses with 40 (66%) owning, 17 (28%) leased and 4 on order or plan to soon.

As far as body style goes 52% (42 of 81 responses) of the cars are 535's with 19 of those being xDrive. Surprisingly to me, only 12 of the 81 responders (15%) drove a 528 with the balance driving 550's (of those almost an even split betwee RWD and xDrive).

Non M Sport cars dominate with 50 of the 77 responders (65%) not being M Sport. No surprises there as you can almost build the M Sport through the options.

The most popular color by far is Dark Graphite (28% - not a majority but still the most popular) with Alpine White a distant second (13%) and Space Grey a close third (12%). 116 people responded to this question and as one person mentioned, whoever does have that Tasman Green car I'd like to see pictures and hear how you like the color!

For the two part interior question, 74 responded to the seating portion but only 42 answered the trim question. Guess I should have made that two seperate questions. The most popular interior appears to be Black Dakota Leather with 35% of the vote and the trim is Anthracite at 31%.

So the next F10 I see driving down the road should be a non M Sport, non xDrive 535 in Dark Graphite in Black Dakota with Anthracite trim. Oh, and it's owned and not leased. I wonder if anyone actually has that exact set up?

Anyway, thank you all for indulging me with this poll. The responses were pretty much what I was guessing except for the interior color but the details (at least to me) were still very interesting.
You don't have anything better to do with your time? Posting silly surveys is lame. But if that is what you enjoy, well, good for you and the few people who responded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.