BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dinan Stage 4 (Anything & Everything Related)

8K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  tjangi 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys this is a Dinan stage 4 thread....Feel free to add whatever you like that's related to stage 4. Ill start by adding this pic. So far I've driven the car just a short trip in traffic but already I can tell the power delivery at least to me is smoother than stage 3 and the power is more brutish..so not only is it a beast but a refined one at that.. I'll post more info as I drive it some more.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! Is the intercooler officially available from Dinan because I don't see it on their website yet. who was your installer? Thanks and happy driving!

#4 ·
Yes, the intercoolers are officially available...not sure why they haven't updated their website but I'm sure they will. I had mine done at Patrick BMW in schaumburg, illinois.....

Unfortunately I did not get around to do a before dyno but their are a few that have done that on stage 3 and if they do come across this thread feel free to post those results. I should have dyno results within 2 weeks.

#5 ·
Do you know what is the official total hp and torque that Dinan is advertising? Thanks!

#6 · (Edited)
Officially they are claiming a 20hp/10tq bump from stage 3 but that might be on the conservative side....so around 530/540hp depending on your exhaust setup with 590/600tq....Horsepower could be more but I can't verify anything right now till after I dyno the car.

#7 ·
Did they also give you heads up about stage 5?

#9 ·
Stage 5 is the Intake/High Flow Oil Coolers and its going to be released fairly soon..I don't have an exact date but I know its not to far off since the intake and everything needed for stage 5 has already been developed and in production.

#10 ·
I couldn't agree more. My five series is a major sleeper/wolf in sheep's clothing. Which is just the way I like it.

#11 ·
This is such a tempting mod. But my love affair with Rolex watches has taken most of my mod cash. LOL

#13 ·
So true. The traction control light basically never comes on under acceleration in my 501 bhp Dinan Stage 2 550xi. By contrast it came on a lot in the 300 bhp 535i I loaned this whole week. The power cut is so annoying

#17 ·
The stage 4 tune IMO is significantly different than 3. The power delivery is smoother and much more intense. I can definitely tell the difference going from 3 to 4. Its very clear to me especially the more I drive it.

#19 ·
Stage 4 intercoolers are 2500+200 for the upgrade in tune from 3 to 4 and there is a 6/hr install time.....this is of course with no discount.

#22 ·
I have been emailing with Scott from Dinan back and forth and he has divulged some pretty good info. One can go straight to the intercoolers with stage 4 software without first getting the exhaust. Power gains should be quite noticeable at 20 hp and 10 lb-ft of torque from stage 2. The motor will operate more efficiently, therefore temperatures are kept down and the engine is less susceptible to the effects of heat soak for more consistent performance. The turbos will not have to work as hard to produce boost with the larger intercoolers. It is not currently advertised on their website because the pre-orders have outstripped initial production but it should start shipping again in 7-10 days. He also claims that the intakes are probably 30 days away and should yield at least another 10 hp.

#23 ·
Good info, thanks. I would have expected more power from the intakes, but maybe the intercoolers are more if a bottleneck.

#29 ·
Now u see where most of my mod money has gone! LOL. Nice collection by the way. Wouldn't mind picking up a Panerai or JLC. I am not really a PP fan

Still those Dinan intercoolers are tempting as I have always had concerns that the Dinan Stage 2's big increase in turbo boost should cause A lot more heat to be generated.

#31 ·
I don't like the way most PPs look. But it is a matter of taste. I wouldn't mind a Breguet

#33 ·
Omega makes a great watch. And I want the intercoolers too!

#34 ·
watch forum?

#35 ·
Any news on the intakes and stage 5 software?

#37 ·
Had the Dinan exhaust and intercoolers installed this week. Stage 4 is awesome! Seems like the power delivery is smoother than stage 2. The exhaust is just a little louder than stock at idle but opens up nicely when you step on it. The burble when up-shifting at redline is intoxicating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.