BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Car wash expected?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  diana 
#1 ·
Hi, I just posted this in the Canadian forum, but I am also curious what dealerships in other areas would do in this case:

I just came back from getting my car serviced at Canbec BMW in Montreal. They had the car for 3 days and the repair bill was roughly $600. I was surprised that the car was not washed when they presented it to me. I was in a hurry, so I did not have time to take this up with my service manager, but I'm curious if you would all expect your car to be washed after 3 days and a considerable amount of money spent at the dealership. Am I fair to expect this, or is my sense of entitlement just another ugly manifestation of roundelitis?:)

Thanks,

BL

#2 ·
i dunno about it up there... i got my oil changed and door stop replaced only took 4hrs. they washed my car, i was impressed! i would bring it up next time you go there and see if it is standard practice to wash cars after servicing. more so since they had yours for 3days, i would kinda miffed if they didnt. when its standard at other BMW dealerships.

#6 ·
Thanks guys for your feedback on this. So it seems that there is likely no official, standard operating procedure to wash a customer's car. Mclaren, good point about the potential complaints they can and, likely, do receive from fussy owners. I guess I'll hold off on raising this issue with my service manager and simply make sure to ask for a wash the next time I take my car in. Thanks again for your feedback!

BL

#10 ·
I am planning on placing a "Do Not Wash" sign in my car the first time it goes in for service. This same dealer scratched my Jet Black 528 several years ago, and I'm not taking any chances with them on my new 535.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.