BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 50i M-SPORT PACKAGE 20" 333M WHEELS (WINTER SET-UP QUESTIONS)

12K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  sean18337 
#1 ·
NEW TO THE FORUM... PLEASE HELP

I JUST ORDERED A 2011 X5 50i W/M-SPORT PACKAGE 20" 333M RIMS

DEALER PARTS GUY FIRST TELLS ME THAT THE 298M WINTER PACKAGE WILL FIT???? I'VE READ ON SOME OF THE POST HERE ABOUT OFFSET/BORE...I REALLY LIKE THIS WINTER WHEEL SET-UP FOR TRIPS TO THE MAINE MOUNTAINS......

DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS WHEEL 298M ON THERE RIDE???? WILL THIS WORK???

CAN I RUN 4 OF THE FRONT RIMS 255/50R19

THANKS, SORRY FOR STARTING ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT WINTER SET-UPS

#2 ·
#3 ·
2011 X5 50i MsportPkg. Winter Setup

I am considering buying 19" rims BMW #211 I can get them at a good price. (800 all 4)
I then would go to my local tire store and have snow tires put on the rims for my winter
set up .

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THESE ARE COMPATABLE?
my x5 came with 20" BMW #333 Rims.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

#4 ·
I have a 11 5.0 sport w/ 336's and have 211's with 255/19's pirelli scorpion ice and snow for my winter setup and they are amazing. Direct swap when I made the change in my garage. I would avoid the 18's for winters because they felt too soft compared to the 20's.

If you are supper worried about the look of #211 w/'255's compared to the 275/315's you can do spacers (I don't care about the look for the winter). Do think of this, the narrow tires in winter road conditions will not assault your MSport package with stone pecking, which is common. That will just be a summer time problem.

#5 ·
I have a 11 5.0 sport w/ 336's and have 211's with 255/19's pirelli scorpion ice and snow for my winter setup and they are amazing. Direct swap when I made the change in my garage. I would avoid the 18's for winters because they felt too soft compared to the 20's.

If you are supper worried about the look of #211 w/'255's compared to the 275/315's you can do spacers (I don't care about the look for the winter). Do think of this, the narrow tires in winter road conditions will not assault your MSport package with stone pecking, which is common. That will just be a summer time problem.
MRV99 You are my Hero!
I like the 211 rims, as I had them on my 07 4.8i, as I "move up" to the 2011 mpackage and need a winter set up i figured dont fix whats broke, but i never had snows on them just all seasons. (which are horrible in snow) .
I was considering the pirelli scorpion ice and snow for these rims as the "winter set up" .
and im glad to hear your expieriences with them.
It makes me more "confident" in my choice when someone else has positive expierience
with them.

THANK YOU !

#7 ·
Still confused

Hi, new to forum, recently picked up the 2011 x5 with the Mpackage, Ive got the 20's on it now with the sports tires on it. Its unbelieveably terrible in the snow.... Im wondering what is compatible in the winter - i want to go the least expensive route... Anyone have the same issue? a good solution?

#8 ·
Hi, new to forum, recently picked up the 2011 x5 with the Mpackage, Ive got the 20's on it now with the sports tires on it. Its unbelieveably terrible in the snow.... Im wondering what is compatible in the winter - i want to go the least expensive route... Anyone have the same issue? a good solution?
Of course its terrible. You have summer tires on!! I put on Pirelli Scorpions non run flat on mine with the 20"s. I doubt you will be able to find many winter tires at this time.

#9 ·
Ya I understand, unfortunately overlooked that fact when I bought the vehicle! So you left your 20's on and threw on some wide snows? Worked ok? I've got 315/35R20 's Dueler H/P's on it - ya, not supposed to be running them in this weather so I have to find a solution quick!

#12 ·
I went with the non-runflats because they were cheaper. I don't have a spare. Maybe in the future, I will get 21" wheels for Summer and leave the winters on the 20"s. I actually really love the MSport rims so I couldn't see myself going for 19"s. As far as spacers go, I have no idea.

#13 ·
I am cheap :D, I go with 18", Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow / Elbrus I06 (no RF, no TPMS). My total cost with shipping from tirerack is $1400
With 255/55R18, some peoples like to add a 15 or 20mm spacer to the rear to push the tire out to look better. like I say, I am cheap. I don't have spacer either. it looks fine to me. also is only 4 mouths these tires will be on the car anyway. soon they will be off!

#14 ·
2011 X5 M Package Pics for X5Diva

Here are some pics, again Im trying to find a resolution to these tires, as you can see, we've got some winter weather here - I apologize for the quality of the pics, I took them with my bberry.

Attachments

#16 ·
Here are some pics, again Im trying to find a resolution to these tires, as you can see, we've got some winter weather here - I apologize for the quality of the pics, I took them with my bberry.
thank you so much for sharing! Gosh the msport pkg in alpine in white is awesome, I got black which you cant really tell the package will be on but yours will STAND OUT cause everyone else has the cheap black plastic around their base/wheels/fenders. Very Very Hot. ! The front amber light , as on all of the x5 annoys me, i wish they had it in clear.
Im even more excited now...

#17 ·
[/QUOTE] You will be paying about 100$ or so a sensor and you will need valves unless you get them from the fire place which will be installing them. [/QUOTE]

Update on TPMS Prices- I just purchased 4 sensors and valves from Tirerack they are quite a bit less than you mentioned- $45 each + $8 for the valve- + tax & shipping- TPMS is made by Beru of Germany which is the supplier for BMW. (Beru's Pn 0532207012 RDE012- 433 mhz)

Qty Size and Description
Price Each /Total Price
4 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensor In Stock $45.00 = $180.00
4 Required Valve In Stock $8.00 = $32.00

less than 5 minutes to install in rim( if the tire is off)

#20 ·
2011 X5 M series rims and tires for sale!

I bought a new 2011 BMW X5 M series and had the dealer change to 21 inch rims before I picked up the car. So I have a new set of 2011 M series X5 333 M series rims and tires for sale. I am looking for $2800 plus shipping. I can give the dealers name and number to confirm the rims and tires are real. I saw a few comments about fake oem rims. These are new and unused. Thanks skype ddsclub.

#22 ·
I bought a new 2011 BMW X5 M series and had the dealer change to 21 inch rims before I picked up the car. So I have a new set of 2011 M series X5 333 M series rims and tires for sale. I am looking for $2800 plus shipping. I can give the dealers name and number to confirm the rims and tires are real. I saw a few comments about fake oem rims. These are new and unused. Thanks skype ddsclub.
Are your wheels still available and if so how $$. I have a 2011 X5 50i with 19" and looking to upgrade to 20" for the summer. I live in LaGrangeville, NY and might be able to pick up if not to far. Thank you.

#23 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 X5 50i W/M-SPORT PACKAGE 20" 333M RIMS..
Bought a set of OEM Style BMW wheels for actually was able to find 4 front wheels.
Ran 275/40/20 pirelli scorpion ice and snow tires on all 4 corners for my winter setup..
Fitment, handling, riding etc was fine.. Was acutally a more confortable ride compared to my stock RFT's :)
FYI: MY car is lowered to on H&R springs/links

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.