BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Electric window in X5

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  garybeazley 
#1 ·
when i close the drivers side window in the X5 it closes fast and bangs loudly, i can run it up to place slowly and its not so bad. Is it possible to adjust the speed it closes? or do i need to replace somthing?? Any advise appeciated

#2 ·
I've never heard of anyone coding the window to roll slower. I will say it is frightening the first time you see/hear it.
But remember it is a solid German SUV (SAV). It's something you'll get used to. Remember it also has the anti-trap
feature which reverses the direction if you stick a hand out the window while its rolling up. (Don't let fingers get
trapped by any means). And all the windows should run about the same pace. If any one is significantly slower, it's
time for a new regulator.

#3 ·
window problem

The issue really is that when it stops it does so with a loud noise as the glass hits the frame, which made me wonder if there was a way to slow this last closing part down. Or do i need to re[place something. I am concerned the glass may break or maybe this is normal??

#4 ·
The issue really is that when it stops it does so with a loud noise as the glass hits the frame, which made me wonder if there was a way to slow this last closing part down. Or do i need to re[place something. I am concerned the glass may break or maybe this is normal??
is this behavior the same on all windows? if not the motor is suspect on that one. Mine is fine, move about the same on all my BMWs, no bang no jam, and pretty quite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.