BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dynamic Handling Package

10K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Kzang 
#1 ·
Does anyone one know what this package brings to the table? For example I can't imagine having my F30 without DHP. For me it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to driving experience. People that didn't check this option in the luxury and the X-drive F30s are literally kicking themselves right now and hating life.

Even though this X5 I am planning to get to replace our current one will be primarily driven by my wife and daughter, I don't want it to totally be an SUV with the feel of an MDX or worse.

#2 · (Edited)
DHP is gonna be the same as your DHP on the F30. The intended purpose is to make a crossover stiffer than normal. So....the ultimate crossover combo would be
1)DHP
2) Active torque option

And you got a car that looks like a crossover but handles like its on rails or floating on top of the road at a press of a switch.

if the main person(s) are not enthusiastic drivers then hint, I would pocket that money and spend it on say other creature comforts, such as: B&O Active Driving assistant (traffic control mode) and etc.

#3 · (Edited)
DHP is gonna be the same as your DHP on the F30. The intended purpose is to make a crossover stiffer than normal. So....the ultimate crossover combo would be
1)DHP
2) Active torque option
The dynamic handling package is not the same as the one on the F30. It includes dynamic performance control which is what you're referring to as an active torque option. There is no way I would buy an F15 without DHP, it would be like buying an E70 without adaptive drive.

#7 · (Edited)
That is a good question also. In the F30 M sport is only cosmetic, (unless you opt for the M-sport suspension upgrade which is installed when the car reaches the US). I would imagine the M sport here is the same, just cosmetic/different look

The dynamic handling package is not the same as the one on the F30. It includes dynamic performance control which is what you're referring to as an active torque option. There is no way I would buy an F15 without DHP, it would be like buying an E70 without adaptive drive.
I am still not decided if I am going to order this package, currently I don't have the adaptive drive on my X5. This SUV is going to be driven around town mainly by my wife and daughter, should I spend that type of money for an option that will be rarely noticed, and only by me?

The DHP on my F30 was a must because I drive this car day in and day out, not so with the X5.

#12 ·
I got DHP on my new F15, and to take the sting off the $4000+ price tag, I chose not to get the Premium Package. Because this is my first truck (coming from a long line of coupes and sedans), I was really concerned about stability and body roll. I don't regret that decision one bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.