BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Nav system recall

7K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bjbolduc 
#1 ·
Got a call for a recall for my 2013 X1 for the nav system.
the service adviser indicated this was a 3 hour exercise and had to leave the car (and i'll get a loaner so no problem)
has anyone else gotten such a call and if so, any details on what this is?

#4 ·
I just checked- one open recall for me. Must be the same thing

#7 ·
I picked mine up a week ago today

#9 ·
I have an open recall too. Is this to update the Nav system to the 2013 version? I'm pissed as I had read about this prior to taking delivery on 12/8, and I had specifically asked my dealer if the VPC delay was related to this and whether the update was completed. I guess they did nothing.....

#13 ·
I picked mine up in mid-Oct in the LA area and used the link noted on this thread to find out my car had an open recall. I then called the dealer and they confirmed it was a Navigation update. Apparently people were unhappy that their 2013 vehicles arrived with 2012 maps and were balking at the $200+ fee to upgrade to the 2013 maps so BMW is installing the update for free. Have no independent verification of this - just what the service dept told me.

I was told it would take about 2-4 hours to upload/upgrade so I'm getting a loaner and having them check the fuel filler (which I have yet to get a full tank on one pump yet) as well. Will do it after the holidays.

DeeDee

#14 ·
I was told it would take about 2-4 hours to upload/upgrade so I'm getting a loaner and having them check the fuel filler (which I have yet to get a full tank on one pump yet) as well. Will do it after the holidays.

DeeDee
DeeDee, thanks for this info. It is good that they are paying for the upgrade. When shopping for cars I was looking at the Tucson and so I frequented that forum and I remember there was an uproar that Hyundai was charging $250 for the updated maps. Glad it is free with BMW.

#15 · (Edited)
dealer called me. I had to go in anyway for plates and registration so not that big a deal
I bought at prestige bmw
they didn't explain anything so could be maps or nav software or ? I did ask several times and didn't get an answer except software upgrade
their updated maps are 200 so if this is maps its a nice benefit. also makes sense that they would not publicize "giving" away map upgrade

#16 ·
I can understand that. I did have a problem yesterday when looking for a TJ Max store that I knew had relocated almost 2 years ago. The NAV didn't know that it was no longer in place X, but my iPhone sure did. Disappointing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.