BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

October 2012 BMWFS Sales Support Programs

28K views 172 replies 50 participants last post by  Orient330iNYC 
#1 ·
The October - December BMW "Sales Support" Marketing Programs are going to be super strong...
You ain't seen nothin' yet...

:angel:

First, figure out exactly what you want, and then get ready to place your orders.

Just be sure you are working with a Bimmerfest Sponsor, okay?

8^)

#98 ·
Jon, I do want to thank you and all on this forum for the wealth of information. I've been considering a BMW for a while but got down to serious research in the last two to three months and placed an order a few weeks back. While relatively new to BMW pricing, discounts, negotiations, from a BMW perspective, I can appreciate why they would give dealer incentives rather than customer incentives for Oct - a) many like me who've ordered and signed up for a car but haven't taken delivery would have got those Oct benefits. This might have been suboptimal so early in the model year b) I've always felt a bit concerned that I could not get discounts that others could get for a multitude of reasons - USAA, graduate, loyalty, drive events, BMW App etc. This levels the playing field a bit.

#100 · (Edited)
VK2,

Keep in mind USAA allows pretty much all BMW customer incentives to be added to to their program discount.(As long as you don't finance through BMWUSA) In my case USAA discount for a '13 650 coupe is already around $13K and will increase as model year marches on. If BMW brings back a incentive later this year like last years "mission to drive" for $2500 off, it will be sweet.

#117 ·
Most people spend more on European Delivery than what they saved on the car. I'm assuming you mean a "lovely" vs "quick and cheap" European Delivery. USAA rebate is also not combinable with European Delivery.

#119 ·
European delivery is a great way to experience what the vehicle was designed for. There really aren't any savings, but it makes for one memorable trip and a chance to take a nice vacation with or without the family (lol) and the driving experience. If your doing it to get a fantastic price, I think the point of ED is lost, and your better off trying to special order/buy off the lot here.

Same thing with PCD, it's a driving experience, and somewhat of a vacation package rolled nto one, and stateside. Both of them offer an opportunity to get familiar with the vehicle, and make some memories in the process.

#122 ·
European delivery is a great way to experience what the vehicle was designed for. There really aren't any savings, but it makes for one memorable trip and a chance to take a nice vacation with or without the family (lol) and the driving experience. If your doing it to get a fantastic price, I think the point of ED is lost, and your better off trying to special order/buy off the lot here.

Same thing with PCD, it's a driving experience, and somewhat of a vacation package rolled nto one, and stateside. Both of them offer an opportunity to get familiar with the vehicle, and make some memories in the process.
And the great thing about PCD is you can use any dealer in the country to order & get the best deal !

#131 ·
If anything, thanks to the internet and forums like this, people can actually become more informed about cars than in many other industries. Did anyone ever negotiate a couch, or a laptop, or a plane ticket from invoice up? Probably not.

And if some people pay more than others for the same car, it doesn't mean they are getting ripped off by the dealers. It just means they didn't care enough to do their homework beforehand. Kind of like buying a laptop at full price from Store A vs. buying it on sale, with a coupon, from Store B.

#132 · (Edited)
+1 :thumbup:

The mention of cereal in the previous post - How do you know the cereal is more expensive at place A - ahhh because at some point you learned what the cereal should cost.

I am not saying there are not shady dealers, there are plenty - but that is true in any transaction. And believe me I have gotten screwed in a deal here or there but I blame myself for not doing the research. iT has always been when I was lazy about it and went in unprepared. IMO In the internet age, the information is always out there - there is no excuse (except laziness IMO) for paying too much for anything,

In a free market system it will always be "caveat emptor", and the internet has made that much easier for the consumer who wants to get a good deal.

#133 ·
Wait, aside from basically change in interest rate or residual value, there is nothing else. I was hoping for option credit, ultra low apr. Nothing really motivating.

#134 ·
You got it - nothing. They actually dropped the option credits on the 2012's. Up to last month for example $4500 option credit on the 6 series - this month $0. Good luck moving them. Sit tight, let the stock build up, they will have to bring something serious to the table before end of year.

#136 ·
Sorry to disppoint but I can assure you there will be no more support coming from BMW on MY12s.

#135 ·
Even though there is no option credit yet, I am very pleased with them upping the residual on the gran coupe by 4% and lowering the mf as well. That is much better for me than a $2500 credit. If they keep these rates plus add an option credit next month I would be ecstatic.

#137 ·
goodness...every month we get the what will the next month bring thread...

Nov/Dec will most likely bring back holiday credit and/or option credit BUT residuals will drop...like it or not that is how the game is played. The best thing to do is LOCK yourself in...

Bottom line ...if you dont feel comfortable with the deal...walk away...it's just business

#140 ·
goodness...every month we get the what will the next month bring thread...

Nov/Dec will most likely bring back holiday credit and/or option credit BUT residuals will drop...like it or not that is how the game is played. The best thing to do is LOCK yourself in...

Bottom line ...if you dont feel comfortable with the deal...walk away...it's just business
Hey is that not the great thing about forums like this?

I am banking on the holiday cash or option credit. In my case with a buy, residuals don't matter. And it is just business, and business is about money. And timing can be everything.

#142 ·
There will likely be additional Sales Support throttled ahead in November and/or December. I think we can all agree on that...

All the more reason to place your custom factory order right now (right now, right now).

:str8pimpi

SO YOU CAN BE BURNING RUBBER OVER THE HOLIDAYS

#143 ·
Jon,

I will be placing a custom factory order - and as you mention sales support likely before end of year. If I place the order now, does BMW honor those incentives when I take delivery - (basically asking if they will add whatever incentive develops to my deal)

Thanks

#145 ·
So, once the order is placed, it's better to apply on line than through the dealer?

#147 ·
I think you need to approved in order to place your order.

#153 ·
Some is known... take a look at something SS provided to me when I was asking about the new iDrive.

Personally, I would be reluctant to buy any 2012 pre July build F10 without the new upgraded Navigation Pro and iDrive-ConnectedDrive system:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716464
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716908
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691510

Next up after that is the fully configurable LCD gauge system on the next Facelifted F10 5 Series:

http://www.5seriesblog.com/2012/05/25/bmw-first-lcd-multifunction-speedometer-display/

That may also include the the new iDrive Touch Controller that will first appear in the F2014 F15 X5:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716469

You can't always sit on the sidelines waiting on new technology, and at some point you have to get into the game, but the upgraded iDrive system, which is basically here now, and the upcoming LCD Gauge display are pretty substantial improvements, and may be worth waiting for.

#155 ·
Thanks - I think the LCD dash is slated for the '14 6 series, which means waiting for July '13 production likely (ugh)

#157 ·
I don't think it that treacherous.. Lol

In my experience its the product team that decides when something goes into production. That idrive team team may have told the 6 series team that its ready to a certain point and perhaps the 6 series team is waiting on some enhancement (something in the road map) or something else completely to combine at same time of an update. The more pieces the more complex the planning and the smaller the item that can cause a delay.

And we know how Germans like to be precise so until they are sure they are ready, mums the word.

#159 ·
Yeah, but the cats out of the bag as the new version is in the 5 and 7 series on dealer lots now. And I might be wrong, but it's the same upgrade across the model range so the 6 team should not have to do much - just install the new hardware on the line.
I look at it this way - the newest hardware/tech should go into the line top down. 6 & 7 series first, 1 series last.

#160 ·
Nope, rather be outdated 1 upgrade, not 2. This new version of idrive is the first full refresh to the system since 2008 by the way.

#162 ·
ACTUALLY - Its not. Their is another upgrade in the pipe for touch and hand writing recognition. Could be the 7 and the 5 are testing grounds prior to going into the other lines.

There a lot of factors other factors including production numbers, interfaces with stereos etc. And you are entitled to your opinion but that has not been the case in many automakers.

Anyway this thread has gotten WAAAAY off track.

Jon - thanks for the finance info. I sign next week and can't wait for my short but awesome ED trip.
I agree - but know one thing, I'm not ordering now, taking delivery of a $85,000 car in Dec and have it outdated by March.

#170 ·
Yep, one if the reasons I waited. Even thought the incentives on the 2012 made for a better deal.

#171 ·
Are the MF and residuals accurate on bmwconfig?

#173 ·
no, bmwconfig defaults to 0.00240 and a resid of 59%
current MF is 0.00135 across the board, resids vary by model.

#172 · (Edited)
I think they are not. Go to www.ridewithg.com to find the latest MFs and residuals.
The residual values you will get are for a 36month 15k lease. Add 2% for a 12k or 3% for a 10k.

John recently posted a Pdf with all the residuals. It's very detailed.

Right now the base nf is. 00135

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.