BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tool to clean new 435i rims?

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  M3Inline6 
#1 ·
Have a 2014 435i M sports Package and looking for a recommendation for a good tool to clean the brake dust off the rims (not polish). Something that will really get inside the spokes but also go deep enough to get the to the very back of the wheel...

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
I've only used the Sonax once and had a little trouble. It worked okay but still needed a brush (had been using Daytona but now just using generic). After the rinse and dry, I noticed the red fluid dribbling down from the center logo caps. It took several more rinse cycles to finally get all of the solution out. I'm not going to bother using it again since it still required scrubbing and using brushes with normal car wash solution did the job just as well.

#13 · (Edited)
These brushes are pretty much the same, one is not more flexible than the other. I've used the for years and highly recommend them. Over time the handles do break though if not careful. I wouldn't bend either brush, it's not necessary. I actually just bought a new one from here http://www.autobodynow.com/products/big-ez-detail-brush. It's the best price I could find, plus free shipping and no tax. Oh, and I also found a 10% coupon online...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.