BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F02 LCI Lights Retrofit

144K views 233 replies 58 participants last post by  pomahtukyc 
#1 ·
I really like the LED Corona headlamps and the darkened taillamps. Is it possible to retrofit these to our cars? Does anyone have any ideas?

#3 ·
I think the form factor for the front lights are the same as well. But I'll check WebISTA and wiring diagrams on bmwtis.com and share my findings. I doubt taillamps would need coding though. Ours are already LED and bulb types aren't changed. The only thing changed is the color.

#4 ·
Should be a direct fit because the facelift NON-LED headlight are the same as ours or at least look the same.

#17 ·
All you need to do is replace light switch with Euro spec switch which has the front and rear fog light buttons. Completely plug and play. No extra bulbs or wiring. Your current 7 uses the same lights during rapid braking. Also cool is that the indicator lights on the dash come on!

#11 ·
OK so far I've found the wiring diagrams and the part numbers. LED's need an additional module. Wiring shouldn't be a problem. But I'm not 100% sure that the dimensions are the same between headlights.

As for the taillamps all findings point to plug&play. I'll probably order one from my stealer and see if it works. I'll let you guys know how everything goes. I can also share wiring diagrams if anyone is interested.

On the LCI model if you order the LED headlamps you can also order the fog lights as LED. I'll also see if those are retrofittable.

#13 ·
OK so far I've found the wiring diagrams and the part numbers. LED's need an additional module. Wiring shouldn't be a problem. But I'm not 100% sure that the dimensions are the same between headlights.

As for the taillamps all findings point to plug&play. I'll probably order one from my stealer and see if it works. I'll let you guys know how everything goes. I can also share wiring diagrams if anyone is interested.

On the LCI model if you order the LED headlamps you can also order the fog lights as LED. I'll also see if those are retrofittable.
Let us know how it goes, I'm sure a lot of us will jump on board if this mod works out.

#18 ·
How bright are those LED headlights?

#29 ·
Just got the LCI headlamps/taillights. They look gorgeous!! I want to put them on my working desk and use high heeled girl to clear it )) The price in Germany for the front/rear LCI retrofit is around EUR 3300. I will try to start installing on them Saturday/Sunday. At least I will let you know should we make anything with the wires or not. Will keep you updated, dudes!

#37 ·
Tail light options

Kinda like this? I had my favorite body shop tint the lights for me. Pics are taken with lights off/on so they remain plenty visible despite the tint. Note the fog / accessory brake light on. Also added a Euro Headlight switch from ECS tuning which allows the built in rear fog lights and dash indicators to function. Completely plug and play.

Attachments

#39 · (Edited)
#43 ·
Just get the tail lights lightly tinted. Not exactly the same look, but close. Approx $50.00 Go to a local window tint shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.