BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Got a new Gran Coupe

10K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  640GC 
#1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my 2013 640i Gran Coupe around a week ago, fully loaded with a Moonstone Metallic Exterior, Opal White Leather, and Dark Red Sycamore Wood trim. Does anyone else have a Gran Coupe on here yet? I like it, but I think I'm going to trade up to a 650i xDrive when it comes out or a 750Li xDrive.

#2 ·
Congrats. I have actually been eying the 640i as its definitely a looker. Just got me a 2012 F10 so I am stuck with it for a few years (love it though).
Please post pictures of inside/outside :)

#6 ·
Picked up mine yesterday.

Carbon Black Metallic
Ivory White Nappa Leather
Gray Polar Wood Trim
Driver Assistance Package
M Sports Package
20" Double-Spoke Wheels (Style 375M) with performance no flat tires
Premium Sound Package
Active Cruise Control
Ceramic Controls
Instrument panel with leather finish
BMW Apps
Full Led Lights

Love it. Sold my E550 coupe to a friend. Love this car and I have only driven to work one day. Enjoy yours.

#8 ·
I was lucky! It came in 3 weeks earlier then the dealer told me. Just showed up Friday. They didn't even expect it. They told me I am the first person in the area to get one. Love my new baby. Pretty surprised by how quick it is. Still learning all the iDrive stuff but its pretty intuitive. I will try and take some PICs. I just have an iPhone so hopefully they come out well. :thumbup:

#11 ·
Here are some PICs taken with my iPhone in my Garage.

Attachments

#20 ·
Would you mind taking a better picture of the rear side shades fully extended? I'm wondering how much of the window they actually cover.

#14 ·
It's Ivory based on the window sticker info. That's all I have to go off :dunno:

#13 ·
Very nice! Are you perceiving any difference in power or torque going from a V8 to a V6? I ask only because I did when I was test driving the Pana4 coming from the 750ix, and the reason why I got the 4S. I guess I just like the power from the bigger engines.

#15 ·
Actually I got it mostly because it was pretty and stylish. A Girl thing. My husband is the one that cares about POWER!!! Macho thing I guess. :tsk:

#16 ·
Wow, what a car! Beautiful. I understand about power, my wife's the same way. Wanted more cush for the tush and 6 cylinder was just fine.

#18 ·
I understand what you said the first time. So to satisfy your question. The answer is no because I probably didn't drive the E550 Coupe in a way to feel its potential power. Again I am a woman and for me that is not a priority. Better to look good than to go fast. Who is going have the time to check you out if your always going fast but the Police. Plus the extra I save on gas? Lets just say shoes are expensive. Enough said!!! ;)

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks! Please forgive my persistence...this is a car forum after all. Your logic is impeccable. However, I must say that my wife has edged ahead of you...yes, shoes are very expensive and she's figured out how to make me pay for them! It must have something to do with how good she looks!:)

#25 ·
I love it so so much. I had seen it in other cars but the way it fits with the black leather and white stitching on the GC interior, it exceeded my expectations. What color is the exterior of your X6?

#29 ·
Oh how funny!!! I have made a number of close relationships with a few personal shoppers at different stores. We go to lunch, dinner etc all the time. In fact, I introduced one of them to a male colleague that works in my office. They have been dating for months. She actually buys all my stuff with her store discount. In addition some actually hide new incoming stock for to see before it goes on the floor. They used to take PICs for me all the time but that just doesn't work for me. I need to see, touch and wear everything in person. Anyway, I apologize for getting OT. If you get me started on this topic I become a possessed woman. LOL

#30 ·
My wife was a personal shopper at the Saks in Chevy Chase. You should look her up if you're ever in the D.C. area...she now works at Ralph Lauren and is a personal stylist. She has amazing vision and style...the Washingtonian Magazine recently featured her in an article. I would say that you and she seem to have much in common!

#32 ·
Caine could you upload a few pics o f your car I ordered same exterior colr and can't wait to see how it looks like

Thanks
Awesome ride by the way

#33 ·
Picked up our GC on the 13th of Sept. Now waiting on re-delivery stateside. Can't wait to get back behind the wheel. The autobahn and the twisties were a blast.

Look forward to seeing Moonstone. I couldn't find one at any dealership so we went with Carbon Black which we love!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.