BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Keyed!!

5K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  STIHLBOLTS 
#1 ·
Drove down yesterday afternoon to the Centerra Mall, just off of I-25, to shop the Joe Banks suit sale (buy one, get two for free), went in, suffered through the fact that I am up three suit sizes, bought three, was fitted for alterations, and came back outside to this:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow! Sorry, that is really a bummer. Some people just have no respect for other people.

#7 ·
It's is just WRONG.

Some people have no respect for the property of others. I have been keyed twice in 3 months.

Never ever go to WalMart.

Just another reason to carry a loaded handgun at all times.
And, purchase zero deductible comprehensive insurance if you can get it.

Sorry it happened to you or to anyone else. I feel your pain.

#12 ·
I hope the body shop only has to sand it and reapply clear coat- that the paint color underneath is still intact. Very upsetting to see that sort of thing happen.
Was it supposed to be some sort of message on top of the brutal meanness?

#17 · (Edited)
Sorry to see this happened to you. Lots of Jealous Ass Wipes out there. A Z3 owner on FB reported the same crap happened to his car recently. I called my Insurance guy and for only 8 bucks more every 6 months my comprehisve is now a 0 deductable. After having painted my nose and side panels I would want to keel haul somone if I caught them doing that.

Hope you get it fixed up soon!

Regards

PS: Your Z4 goes faster in a size 43. ;)

#18 ·
That's brutal. I know the feeling, last year right before winter hit we were having such nice weather I decided to keep my toy out for a week longer than I intended. About two days after I decided that I got keyed with 3 hard lines from the front fender of my car to the rear bumper of my car. It happened when I stopped over at a friends house for a few minutes; stupid thing is is I didn't know anyone in the area and it is actually a nice area.

Anyways this is what I did to fix mine (I know you mentioned you're probably going to paint yours) but just throwing another option your way or for others who maybe don't have comprehensive insurance (like me)

How-to repair deep scratches

Let me know if you have any questions. I did the above for under $100 which was far better than the few thousand I was told to paint the entire car (which was what was recommended to me) due to the extent of the damage.

#20 ·
Just got an estimate from the regional body and paint shop that works on a ton of BMW's. $688. I am scheduled for mid-September. Will drop it off just prior to my best friend and I taking his boat up to Yellowstone (opposite corner of our very large state of Wyoming, LOL) for about four days of fly fishing. It will be done when I get back from fishing! :thumbup:

#22 ·
That's far too much for such a simple spray and clear coat. I live in Westchester NY and paid about $200 for the same work on my 540.

Sadly, this keying thing seems to be more prevalent since the fiscal crisis began. People are just jealous that you have a nice car, despite the fact that you park it away from all the others and are respectful enough to not take multiple parking spaces etc. Same thing happened to our C2S a few months ago (before it even got through the break-in period).

Good luck

#26 · (Edited)
Every new car I have ever had, has been banged, dinged and or scraped by either a bad driver, or some A@@hole within first 6 months of ownership. Friend just bought herself a lexus IS F model. Within 6 weeks someone put a crease in it from middle of rear door across wheel well to rear bumper. People..... Aren't they just delightful?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.