BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Next gen - 2016 BMW X1 - Spied with less camo

14K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  iamthewalrus 
#1 ·
x1

The next generation X1 prototype was spotted out testing recently, wearing a little less camo.

BMW's new X1 will utilize a version of the UKL platform from the 2 Series Active Tourer and the new Mini. The UKL platform is quite versatile and can be used for both front and all-wheel drive applications. The X1 will come standard in the front drive format, but surely most will go with the all-wheel drive arrangement. Power will come from BMW's 2.0 liter 4 cylinder, twin-power turbo. Currently this engine is found in the Mini Cooper S and JCW, putting out around 190 in the S and 230 in the JCW. An eight speed automatic transmission will be responsible for getting things moving.

The new X1 is expected to be unveiled in the first half of 2015.

x1

x1

x1

Check out some more pics of the X1 here!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That seems to be the new style for nav in all BMW's. When I asked about it, I was told that they wanted to make it look like it was a tablet that could be taken out and used in another location. I guess it does look that way, but if you can't really take it out then what was the purpose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.