BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Would there be any interest in coilovers here?

953 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nyrangers79 
#1 · (Edited)
So I installed a set of H&R Springs as you might have seen my post, and while it did improve the ride quite a bit, not as much as I wanted / was hoping to, to get the handling close to my old 535 wagon's with upgraded sway bars. :D

So I'm possibly on the hunt for an upgrade, and while KW V2's are available for our car, they are $2000, which I can't stomach for what is not my daily driver.

Recently, a few companies have come out with kits at half the price of the KW's, but I'm not sure as to their quality, so am a bit hesitant to go with them.

There's Megan Racing, BC Racing BR coilovers, and Largus (a Japanese company supposedly), all for sale on eBay, for between $800 and $1000. All come with one year warranties only. The first 2 brands seem to have decent reviews for their coilovers, but they are hit and miss in that some say they're great, and some say crap and broke. Does anyone here have any input on them?

Here's what Megan's looks like, for example:

Then there's ISC Suspension in New Hampshire, which have a good reputation for quality stuff and give a 5 year warranty. They built a set for someone in my old 535 wagon forums, who dropped into their facility for test fitting.

So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in getting a set, and would be willing to go by ISC's facility for them to check out your car?
Look at how good the X3 looks on KW's... :drool:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.