BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2 BMW Software Question/Issues

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  X307030 
#1 ·
My wife bought a CPO 2012 X3 last year.

1) Whenever she connects her iphone through bluetooth to the car it still shows the original owner (Serkan Turner) on the display. How do I change it to my wife's name?

2) The software shows it is running this version. What is the latest version and how do I update it?

Thank you.

Anthony

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes, you can wipe out all old information using iDrive.

#5 ·
Thank you.

I was able to update the software! Done.

I think somebody manually entered the owner's name in the address book/contact list on the BMW using iDrive. I am hoping that by removing it, I will have solved the problem of the original owner's name.....

#6 ·
atwnsw,

Did you do anything special for the software update. I download the update file from BMW, copied to a USB drive (FAT32 formatted) and it keeps telling me that it doesn't see an USB drive . I have the same software versions as you had in your picture.

Thanks

#7 ·
The USB file is a .bin file and roughly 8mb in size. Make sure that there is nothing else on the USB drive and plug it into the usb port in the center console (not the glove compartment). I had the same problem with the glove compartment but then found the center console and it worked fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.