BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Clutch problem

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BMWFatherFigure 
#1 ·
I have a 1993 BMW 325is and the clutch pedal went to the floor I added more fluid and it seems to come back. I notice for some months that I saw some fluid on the drive way and never could figure out where it was coming form. So is there a way to determine if it is the slave cyclinder bad or the master cyclinder is back or both and what to do?

#4 ·
I have recently replaced both the master and slave clutch cylinders...using pirate Chinese parts as OEM are much too expensive.
Now works fine but even with my small hands I battled to replace the master cylinder although I think it is worse on the RHD cars such as I have as compared to the LHD E30s in the USA.

#5 ·
Mine did the same thing. I was not leaking fluid but mine fell to the floor, turns out it was the master cylinder. BTW just a heads up bmw seattle sent me 2 master cyl. gaskets so let me know if you'd like the one I didn't use. might save you a few bucks.

#7 ·
The master cylinder (for the clutch) will leak inside the car. Master and slave are easy to rebuild. Depending on model the clutch will share fliud from the brake system..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.