BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2016 35i M-Sport 3M Clear Mask, OptiCoat or both?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Mikas46 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I just recently received my new 2016 35i M-Sport!

I am currently scheduled for an installation for the 3M Clear mask but got to researching and ran across the Opti-Coat solution and it seems like a really good option.

What're your thoughts? Opticoat? Clear bra? Both?
If you'd do both would you do the clear bra first?

I appreciate any input!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi all, I just recently received my new 2016 35i M-Sport!

I am currently scheduled for an installation for the 3M Clear mask but got to researching and ran across the Opti-Coat solution and it seems like a really good option.

What're your thoughts? Opticoat? Clear bra? Both?
If you'd do both would you do the clear bra first?

I appreciate any input!
Don't go with 3M!! There are much better products out there. I just had a full XPEL Ultimate done on my new Porsche. It's much thinner than the 3M product and "self-healing." It's also virtually undetectable. I had the full front, hood, rockers and rear fenders done. Here's their website: www.xpel.com. Well worth it in my view. Look into it. There are a number of indies that do this as well as Porsche dealers. To do the work, all technicians have had to be trained by XPEL.

Attachments

#5 ·
Go to the Porsche forum - www.rennlist.com and check out the posts (ie. in the 981 forum) on XPEL. Very positive reviews. Just make sure that whoever does it was trained by XPEL. A Porsche or BMW dealer will probably do it for you. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.