BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X5 Options and Accessories

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  swindonhost 
#1 ·
I'm looking into buying an X5 4.4i and have some questions on some of the available options and accessories I hope some of you can answer:

1) Does BMW has a DVD entertainment system available for install on the X5?

2) What kind of Cell phones are available for the X5, and does anything have to be removed to install them? (i.e. you have to permanently remove the cup holders on the 3 series to install the cell phone)

3) Does BMW have a Voice Command system available for install on the X5, similar to the optional Voice Command system on the 3 series which is integrated into the Cell and Nav system?

4) Can someone provide more info on the Adjustable Ride Height option and why you would get it?

This is my first post! I hope someone can help answer these questions.

#2 ·
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

I know the answer to only the first question. Yes, BMW does offer a dealer-installed DVD system. I think it may be a bit expensive, but if you can finance it (or put it in your lease) it may make more sense. Ask your dealer what they charge.

#3 · (Edited)
2) What kind of Cell phones are available for the X5, and does anything have to be removed to install them? (i.e. you have to permanently remove the cup holders on the 3 series to install the cell phone)

2) The Cell phone that i have in my car is BMW cell phone
it is wirles with base and no caples
easy to use
2 or 3 languges
it is in (between seats box)
connected to the car monitor ( you can read msm in the monitor)
as in this pic

and there is nothing to remove in case of phon instulation

========

3)Does BMW have a Voice Command system available for install on the X5, similar to the optional Voice Command system on the 3 series which is integrated into the Cell and Nav system?

3) yes they have :)

========

4) Can someone provide more info on the Adjustable Ride Height option and why you would get it?

4) I'm sory I didn't get the quistion :(

regards

#4 ·
rickcampbell said:
I'm looking into buying an X5 4.4i and have some questions on some of the available options and accessories I hope some of you can answer:

1) Does BMW has a DVD entertainment system available for install on the X5?

Yes but if your kids are young, be warned looking at the ceiling whilst travelling may make them feel sick, you may want to get a headrest system. (I know its easier to steal the monitors)

If you have bluetooth option, you just press a button, pop out a small tray and insert a charging cradle for your phone, mines a nokia.

i added a few pics to complement the one posted, you can see the cup holders and phone in place

3) Does BMW have a Voice Command system available for install on the X5, similar to the optional Voice Command system on the 3 series which is integrated into the Cell and Nav system?

Yes

If you take the vehicle off road and need to go over a bolder, those extra few inches might make all the difference, don't bother if its only cruising the streets.

This is my first post! I hope someone can help answer these questions.

Attachments

#9 ·
SupraRZ said:
Yah, I saw... So... lets switch cars!
What does yours look like, mines a Mary Poppins special "all my favorite things"

Sapphire Black Metallic (BMW Individual Extended Champagne Leather interior), 5 door 3.0 Litre Diesel sport, Climate Control separate front and rear, PAS, ABS, Electric Sunroof, Remote Central Locking, Cruise Control, Electric Windows, Electric Folding Mirrors, Electric Seats, Alarm, Immobiliser, Stereo, Sports multi function steering wheel, Clear lenses, Multi airbag , Anti Skid & Traction Control, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, On Board Computer, Front Central Armrest, Television unit, Satellite Nav, Bluetooth Phone & Cradle, Steptronic, Spotlight Style Foglights, light poplar wood Trim, Memory Seating, Rain Sensitive Windscreen & Automatic Headlamp Washer Package, Aluminium Running Boards, Roof Rails, sports Seats with Under-Thigh Support, Sun-Protection Privacy Glass, XENON Headlights, Heated Front & Rear Seats, Alpina 21" Alloy Wheels with wide arch kit, DSP Professional Sound system 6CD, detachable Tow Bar, Aux heater system, 220 Bhp tuned. Anthracite roof lining, Tracker Monitor, Split folding seats, Ski bag, Dog guard, and 4 cup holders

picture http://www.eyres.tv/xfive/newtoy.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.